Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I have some issues with the folding mechanism. The driver side's mirror spins endlessly, and I have to turn the knob into a specific position so it's not on the center / mid / right or on the folding position. The passenger side moves a few millimeters when the knob is turned into the folding position.
So, I think the folding actuators / motors need a replacement. Anyone knows the part number for those, or a vendor that ships to Europe ?

·
Rally Racer
2,826 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum.

It sounds like both mirrors are affected. A problem that is affecting both mirrors is likely the common switch,

You say the drivers side mirror spins endlessly and this makes me think that there is a damaged mechanism inside. If the motor is spinning and nothing is moving perhaps you have a damaged gear. This could apply to both sides.
unnamed.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

The driver side mirror spins endlessly, mirror adjustment left / right, up / down works fine, and the passenger side does not move at all and I cannot hear the motor, and I thought I might as well replace both motors. At the dealership they offered to replace both mirrors for €220 minimum excluding labour, so I thought I may be able to change only the motors / broken parts inside myself.

What you're saying is the mirror switch on the door panel might be faulty?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
If you plan on replacing the side mirror on your own, this might help:

If you don't mind not using the auto folding function, you can simply disconnect the wires. I don't think it will trigger any alarm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Well, the idea was not to replace the mirrors, but only the mechanism inside.

Is this the part that has to be replaced ? I'll order two of those gears too just in case.
I should have said, side mirror assembly. I haven't dismantled it so I can't tell. I was also told that a gear might be broken. Since the car is under warranty, they replaced it. Surprisingly, both has failed and the "new" one is starting have symptoms of failing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so since I am not sure which part inside I should replace, I found some mirrors, aftermarket ones, around 100 eur / piece, which is decent. How does the blind spot monitoring system work? That is not mentioned anywhere. Do I just take the glass off the current ones and put them into the new ones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a problem with mine where the mirror stopped working and the Mazda agent told me that there was a manufacturing default with these and water was allowed to get into the electric motor - luckily mine was still under warranty so it was replaced - when I asked about the other mirror I was informed that Mazda are quite good about known problems. Obviously, you need to make sure that you get the latest model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts