1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was either thinking BMW fender flashers

or

as the title says that would keep the O.E. look

RiceKing told me that they don't fit US models ?

What do you guys know about this , and do you have any web links ??

Black Magic's video here doesn't show up for me http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...ights''
any pics and info if still available ?

This one makes me want to forget about it http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=34211&hl= Scorpion 6 , what brand's his ? Any better out there ?

Here PRacing site doesn't list any anymore .... http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=32848&hl=

FalconTX has an add - car with a hood from SeiBon with the mirrors http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=33140&st=0

Looked further in search but that's pretty much it .... anyhoot , maybe someone seeing this knows of something new and better ?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I initially gave up on getting blue covers with the turn signal lights for my '03, because its a US model and I was told they don't fit. But now hearing that the covers from this site do fit... I may give them a try...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arch4life , I just soaked in all the thread , thanks

I come away with these questions

I have an '05 like you

1) How do they fit ?
2) Did you get ALL your questions answered by Pracing ; 'cause on the thread it don't seem like that ?

Also
he didn't answer this guys question/request on the thread

sorry to be annoying. but could you take a couple pictures at the opposite angle (standing like you're about to get in your car). thats where the gap was evident in the other pictures i've seen. thanks! :)
[/b]

4) I wanted to know also the above same ++++ Do the signals show only from the front when flashing (innapropriate if so) OR do thet also show from say the view of a REAR on-coming car on your blind spot (THE appropriate way) .... you know like we see them on Acura TSXs and the like ???

Arch4life , please do show us some appropriate pics , for fitment and when flasher is illuminated to corraborate my request on this !!

5) I forget , what O.E. color is yours for your '05 , regarding both paint and signal bulbs for the mirror too ??
6) Are they LEDS , and are they replaceable upon burnt & from the outside lens (removeable) ???
7) Are these LEDS synchronized with the rest of the non-LEDS of the car ?

8) Are they visible on their site , as a member didn't see'em ?
9) Did you ??
10) Do you have a link / title name for the search on their site ??? I tried Mirrors and it didn't show !
11) How did you go about ordering them , and what made you decide to ??

Oufff ! Good luck answering :nana:
Thx a LOT
Ron

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
ive lined them up, and they fit fairly well, i havent installed them yet.

blackmagik has a ton of pics of it so when he gets on tonight ill see if he can post the pics up here.

he also has his installed.

they are the same as these..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-2-3-6...sspagenameZWDVW

except they were painted black.

Pm PRracing he knows what your looking for and mebbe he can help you find a retailer.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Whoa , you're quick on the buttons to reply (same time too lol)

Can you answer some of the above questions (#4 esp.) ?

Thx Black

Gotta head back to work , catch up later
[/b]
Sure, here goes.

1) How do they fit ?
2) Did you get ALL your questions answered by Pracing ; 'cause on the thread it don't seem like that ?
4) I wanted to know also the above same ++++ Do the signals show only from the front when flashing (innapropriate if so) OR do thet also show from say the view of a REAR on-coming car on your blind spot (THE appropriate way) .... you know like we see them on Acura TSXs and the like ???
5) I forget , what O.E. color is yours for your '05 , regarding both paint and signal bulbs for the mirror too ??
6) Are they LEDS , and are they replaceable upon burnt & from the outside lens (removeable) ???
7) Are these LEDS synchronized with the rest of the non-LEDS of the car ?
8) Are they visible on their site , as a member didn't see'em ?
9) Did you ??
10) Do you have a link / title name for the search on their site ??? I tried Mirrors and it didn't show !
11) How did you go about ordering them , and what made you decide to ??

Oufff ! Good luck answering :nana:
Thx a LOT
Ron
[/b]
1) They fit great. No fitment issues here, no gaps, nothing. Great fitment.
2) Eh? Not answering it as it's not directed at me.
3) Umm... you went from 2 to 4. :laugh:
4) The signals show only from the front when flashing. I wish they showed behind as well but the LED's don't come over that far to overlap the edge. Although I wish they did. It'd make more sense.
5) OE color of what? Paint I take it... another question not directed at me.
6) They are LEDs, although it'd probably take a great deal of work to get into them and replace, it's possible I'd guess.
7) Yes, they're synchonized w/ the OEM bulbs (I.E.: Turn signals)
8) :headscrat:
9) :wtf:
10) Don't have a site on my end becaaaaause (refer to below)
11) I bought them from DaveCoyne, because I thought they would add a nice touch to the car... and IMO, they did :D

[attachmentid=12086]

The crisp white (bluish) sidemarker lights have been switched to amber as well so, full amber theme up front. Looks sick :dmetal:

*EDIT* For the extra question:

The led's bulge out just a bit but, not alot at all. They almost flush but, not quite.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very cool on your part to share this info :)

You have helped me pretty much make up my mind on these covers , with #4 & 6 answers . Even though with #1 you get better fit than what I've seen previously with other members (bad gaps) ...... I've seen on one of your threads a good fit of a members red 6 with no gaps .... but I didn't like the add-on (over) effect on the finish ; it's not for me .

All this to say that I'm leaning towards my original plan : BMW fender flickers a-la-triangular white LEDS .

Went to the BMW dealer to snap a few pics of 'em :

This is my 6's fender shape (give an idea how it will fit)

BMW 330's coupe flicker (will fit triangular shape of 6's fender

this was my original choice off the Bimmer's 3 series sedan until I saw the 330's coupe

What I like about the coupe's flicker is that it is white LEDS that don't show a spot (bulb) in the center from far like the sedan's .... also I find it marries well to the shape of the 6's fender triangulation mold . The coupe is a bit wider (up/down) but is sticking out by half less than the sedan's which is another plus for me ; to get the sleek look . Tell me what you think anyone ; all comments welcomed .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
6 Pack
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing