Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finished washing the car and have most of the interior back in. Need to have the rear side bolsters cut and redone to go around the bar connected to the rear fender wheel well. Also got the new sirius radio hooked up. I like it because I can put this in the 6, my truck and the house. Good times.

The Guys at www.autopowerindustries.com were awesome. Colin and I had a little trouble getting the cage in so we contacted them. Colin is 5 min away and helped me out. Fitment is perfect!! The shop bolted the cage in and fitted it correctly at no cost. Don is an awesome guy and I would suggest anybody interested in this go to him. Next up racing seats and the damn turbo!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
He's going turbo so it's possible that he might eventually be required to run one. NHRA requires any car running in the 11s have a rollbar. And it certainly can't hurt to have one for the additional safety.

·
Registered
421 Posts
He's going turbo so it's possible that he might eventually be required to run one. NHRA requires any car running in the 11s have a rollbar. And it certainly can't hurt to have one for the additional safety.
[/b]

11's....please notify me as soon as you get ur 6 there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
heres just a thought. Gut the rear. seats door panals. but make it a nice finihed look. I assume since you have the cage u never carry people in the back. soo why have the added weight. I like the look of the cage. hope to see you hit 11's to make the cage worth it

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Just so everyone realizes, he has a cage to compete in road courses and/or SCCA autoX events, not to hit 11's at a drag strip...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Your head --> :chairshot:
[/b]

wtf, i mean it is a valid question... how in the world is he going to put the power down in an atx to hit 11's?

perhaps by tracking he means road course. i sure hope so. the 6 isnt a straight line car.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
wtf, i mean it is a valid question... how in the world is he going to put the power down in an atx to hit 11's?

perhaps by tracking he means road course. i sure hope so. the 6 isnt a straight line car.
[/b]
Like I just said above... judging from all the videos he has posted, this is not for drag racing...

Hitting 11's in a FWD Mazda6 is going to be VERY VERY hard...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Looks good but it does defeat the total purpose of having a sedan in a way.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Like I just said above... judging from all the videos he has posted, this is not for drag racing...

Hitting 11's in a FWD Mazda6 is going to be VERY VERY hard...
[/b]
If you do your homework it can happen!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes Yes the car is road raced. The cage was actually the girlfriends idea. kinda suprised me. The turbo is a T4 Hybrid. No I will not be going in a straight line trying to get 11's. I love to turn too much. As far as the weight goes the car has been completly gutted. As of right now I still like to have some function to it. The car is a car shows as well with International Allstars. Need to keep it somewhat presentable. As far as back seat passangers, it obviously makes it a little harder to get in but the comfort level has not changed. Rear passangers fit just fine with the bar there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts