Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Im a new member here I just got my black 2010 mazda 6.
A friend of mine has a tuning shop so he can get me a decent price to tint my windows. It's the same company who tint mazda cars at my dealer, but cost $70 less.

I was tinking to go 50% all around. It's not dark but I like when it's not limo black on back and clear on front. The law here in Quebec is 70% front. So to be "almost legal" and not being cought, I m thinking to do 50% all around.

The second option is to go 50% front, 35% rear.

I know that lots of people do 50-35-20 but I don't like the look of it.

SO if you guys have a black or dark mazda 6 with tint, it would be great to show me some pics. 50% all around cars would be awsome.. Thanks !

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey, I just got my white 6 done two days ago and haven't had a chance to wash it yet. I have 50 in the front passenger windows and 20 in the rear's with 20 in the back window. I think it looks great and love it, but hear what you're saying about being too dark. I'm going to take pics tomorrow and hopefully have them up for ya. Hope you're enjoying the new ride, you'll keep lovin it more and more the more chance you get to drive it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Same here...35% all around.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your pics guys! I finally did 50-35-35 and Im pretty happy. I bought an highest quality of tint, carbone tint. The guy was doing a nice bmw from the dealer with this tint, so I took the same quality, about 10% more expensive, but it last longer without fading,etc.

I will take pics soon as I can!

thanks again

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took some pics for you guys, with my tint. I know that she's a dirty girl, but I promise I will wash her sunday! We got snow and bad weather all week!

I took pics with my iPhone.

I did 50-35-35, in Quebec legal=70% front. Enjoy.

interior

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh yah, sorry about that. I forgot you have to sign up as a member at 6crew.com in order to look at it since it's a locked members only thread. Here are some pics for you guys to look at that show it off

Hope these help. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did 50% front. 35%,35% and I like it. Cops here are hungry so I need to look legal. I dont know if thr carbone tint do the trick but the car look nice and Im more happy about the result then I was expecting. I need to take daylight pics with the car clean. I went to the car wash and my car looks so great!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't think I would even bother tinting at 50% but to each his/her own.

We are only legally allowed 70% here but again, I wouldn't bother. We have a friend in another city who is a K9 cop and we asked him if he would stop us for tint. He said he would not as he "has real crimes to stop." He said they only stopped people with windows so dark you couldn't see in at all. i.e. 5% However, he works in a big city and cautioned us that cops in the smaller rural towns, such as the one we live in, might very well bust us for any tint. We decided to go 15% all around about 5 years ago and we haven't been stopped yet. However, I have recently been warned by my mechanic to avoid a nearby town that is on the warpath regarding tint.

Here is my 2009 with 15% Llumar tint all around. You can see through it during the day and make out silhouettes at night. I went through a sobriety checkpoint the other night and the officer seemed satisfied that he could see through with his flashlight.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QUOTE (Ach3r0n @ Oct 26 2009, 05:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1611922
I don't think I would even bother tinting at 50% but to each his/her own.

We are only legally allowed 70% here but again, I wouldn't bother. We have a friend in another city who is a K9 cop and we asked him if he would stop us for tint. He said he would not as he "has real crimes to stop." He said they only stopped people with windows so dark you couldn't see in at all. i.e. 5% However, he works in a big city and cautioned us that cops in the smaller rural towns, such as the one we live in, might very well bust us for any tint. We decided to go 15% all around about 5 years ago and we haven't been stopped yet. However, I have recently been warned by my mechanic to avoid a nearby town that is on the warpath regarding tint.

Here is my 2009 with 15% Llumar tint all around. You can see through it during the day and make out silhouettes at night. I went through a sobriety checkpoint the other night and the officer seemed satisfied that he could see through with his flashlight.

[/b]
Look at my pics, it's not that bad for 50%, it's more dark than I was expecting. 35% on side and rear window. Before I had 20% on rear, it was too dark at night when you try to reverse, it's dangerous. In my city cops have photometer and the law is more strong now, so cops give more tickets for tint. However, they give that kind of tickets to ricers with stupid mods on them cars. This summer the exhaust mods was a big hit for cops.

I stay in the safe zone with 50%, I quess that car would mesure 40-45% on front. I don't think that a big quiet sedan will be the first target.

Also it was just $20 more to tint the 2 front windows, worth every penny.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i need to take some pic's of the 6 .... what i do have is a family of nissans from a 77 280z to my b14 sentra to a armada altima maxima rouge murano just about most of them lol the mazda is the adopted one lol but i love her too much gonna take some snaps of her she got 20% all around i was gonna do 5% all around the cops around here dont really care about petty stuff like that cuz crime too high unfortunetly... typical Miami, FL

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yah, I feel ya about the 50% but I love it when I'm driving on the highway and have the sun beating in on either side. The other thing is the front seats and dash not fading, gotta love being legal haha.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After few weeks with my tints, 50% front 35% rear, I love it. The carbone tint is really great. On a sunny or rainning day, it's dark enough and looks great. AT night you still see everything in the darl, when you backup,etc... Im not "legal" but Im close enough to not be a target for cops.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A pic I took when the car was a bit cleaner, now it's winter here so the car is dirty.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did 50-35-35.

It's the best match to be "legal" and without much contrast between front and rear doors
I'm in Quebec too, and I must "obey" the law :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got 20% all the way around (with the exception of the windshield of course) and I've had absolutely no trouble with the cops or passing inspection.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
17 Participants
tommyz23
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing