Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the club! Bought my first Mazda a few months back (2016 Soul Red M6 Touring) as a daily driver. I love this car so far, so much fun to drive. I've began doing some modifications to it.. So far switched out the stock intake with a K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake system (Photo Below), installed an axle back Racing Beat Exhaust, lowered the suspension with Godspeed Lower Springs (Photos Below After Install), and de-badged the trunk (will post picture soon). Next on the list is adding some new 20x10's!.. If there is anyone else on here from KC hit me up!
Mazda 6 Lower 2.jpg
Mazda 6 Lower.jpg
Mazda 6 Intake 2.1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Official welcome to the forum!

Nice set of mods you've got going so far. Good luck on future ones and definitely post pics. Careful with your offset on the 20x10s since it'll have to be pretty high to avoid rubbing - I think the magic number is minimum +42, but don't quote me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Official welcome to the forum!

Nice set of mods you've got going so far. Good luck on future ones and definitely post pics. Careful with your offset on the 20x10s since it'll have to be pretty high to avoid rubbing - I think the magic number is minimum +42, but don't quote me.
Thanks for the welcome and advice! I've been doing a lot of research into the offset and was planning on rolling the finders to allow more clearance. Currently looking for a shop that will do this to avoid buying the roller but if need be, I'll just knock it out myself.

·
Registered
2010 Mazda6
8 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the club! Bought my first Mazda a few months back (2016 Soul Red M6 Touring) as a daily driver. I love this car so far, so much fun to drive. I've began doing some modifications to it.. So far switched out the stock intake with a K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake system (Photo Below), installed an axle back Racing Beat Exhaust, lowered the suspension with Godspeed Lower Springs (Photos Below After Install), and de-badged the trunk (will post picture soon). Next on the list is adding some new 20x10's!.. If there is anyone else on here from KC hit me up!
View attachment 242707 View attachment 242708 View attachment 242706
Hello, I'm in KC area as well. Mission to be exact. I just purchased my 2nd Mazda6 2 weeks ago. My 2010 Sport has 420k and still going strong. My 2017 Touring is a beautiful addition as it has premium package upgrades. Already put 3k on it! Welcome to the forum. It's nice to know there are locals in the club.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, I'm in KC area as well. Mission to be exact. I just purchased my 2nd Mazda6 2 weeks ago. My 2010 Sport has 420k and still going strong. My 2017 Touring is a beautiful addition as it has premium package upgrades. Already put 3k on it! Welcome to the forum. It's nice to know there are locals in the club.
420k!! Damn that's awesome! I appreciate the welcome and nice to meet someone local. I actually work in Mission (off I-35 & Lamar).. wonder if we've crossed paths lol. The gen3 Mazda 6 is a beautiful addition indeed, I absolutely love my 2016 M6 and extremely pleased with how the mods I've installed so far have turned out. Just ordered new wheels so anxiously awaiting their arrival lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Debadging complete!

Next up.. installation of Fog Lights w/ Chrome Trim & Smoked Lens.

All the while anxiously awaiting the arrival of the MRR HR6 wheels 🤤.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fog Lights Installed w/ a little night time photoshoot. Also swapped out the oem blinker switch on the steering console to one that included the fog light controls. Super easy change with a clean finish, didn't want the fog light controls looking aftermarket.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Swapped out the interior incandescent lights with LED’s for this super simple classy upgrade. Seriously recommend, made a world of difference and for only like $12!

4C91A22A-96C8-4D82-8D12-521D0B225025.jpeg
9C04F6AD-3023-47C1-A159-4A3961150B5E.jpeg

Don’t judge, car needs vacuumed lol.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
420k?!? Please post a picture of your odometer. What maintenance have you done so far? I mean, not the basic ones like changing oil and radiator fluids. Have you replaced any major parts?

EDIT: I forgot to welcome our new member.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fenders rolled and ready to install wheels! Process was relatively easy, however you will need a heat gun to avoid the paint cracking. Also, take your time!! This is not something you’ll want to rush or you’ll trash your fenders.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WHEELS ARE INSTALLED!!
Front set up:
Wheels - 20x9 +38 MRR HR6
Tires - 235/35r20 Delinte Thunder D7

Rear set up:
Wheels - 20x10.5 +43 MRR HR6
Tires - 275/30r20 Delinte Thunder D7

1 - 20 of 24 Posts