Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my tint job done tomorrow (32% all around) and was wondering if most people here also tint there moonroof at the same time? I'm kind of leaning against it, but just wanted to see what others thought. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I might tint it light, just to keep the UV's from beating down. But I wouldn't go too dark, otherwise what's the point in having the moonroof right?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a stock power sunroof and it came factory tinted. I can have the sunroof closed while still getting some light in the car without it being overpowering. I say go for a lighter tint.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tinted mine black. Why might you ask? Im tall and when its sunny that thing burns my shaved head. Also, I am lazy. I like to leave the slider open at all times. I also like to have it tilted open for the air flow. Still, even though I have it limo black I can see out of it fine. It just really helps with the sun glare. I think the point in a moon roof is so you can open it, not so you can look out of the glass. Nothing important ever happens up anyways, other than plan crashes, but they come down eventually. But hey, its just my opinion.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine came tinted as well. I didn't bother to tint it any further when I did the windows.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, if you you are tinting the other windows you should just tint the roof as well for the few extra dollars it would cost. I think it would also match better.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Is the stockie not already tinted? My aftermarket one is all one touch controls, plus manual, huge and already tinted nice and dark...just another reason why the aftermarket is sometime better than OEM.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i would tint it a little bit just to protect the interior from the uv rays.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If it's already tinted, then no (obviously).

But I'm guessing you aren't a complete moron and thus wouldn't ask unless it wasn't already tinted, in which my answer would then be yes, tint it.

Please don't be an idiot. *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm getting my tint job done tomorrow (32% all around) and was wondering if most people here also tint there moonroof at the same time? I'm kind of leaning against it, but just wanted to see what others thought. Thanks!
[/b]
i wouldn't. people you pass on the highway aren't trying to look in the moonroof.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts