Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

well i am very impressed by this car since i test drove it a while ago. And since my old toyota is going to have its 17th birthday this year i am looking for a replacement.
But still the mazda 6 is very expensive to me....
So a dealer offered me a slightly damaged Mazda 6 Sport Wagon with all extras available (its called 'GT' version here in europe, with Nav, DSC, BOSE ....); the damaged happened while the car was transported on a truck to the dealer, the truck had an accident and all new cars on it started to move against each other... so the car has some car body damages... i have not seen the damages physically until now but dealer said it would surely needed to be repaired because in some years it will start to rust there (it has buckles on the roof and on the side beams or so). He offered me a deal 36% below catalog price, the car has 2000km run and was build Feb. 2003.

so what do you think ? is the price drop ok ? could anything else be damaged which might turn out in some years ? i also lose the 12 year warranty against rusting on the parts that had been damaged, the dealer said.... so is this a good deal ?

thanks in advance
greetings
Jan

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Should I get a slightly damaged Mazda 6 Sport Wagon ?

That's a tough one. Especially judging about it without having seen it in person. What price range are we talking about? 18000-2000 Euros? If those are minor dents you certainly could have them repaired. It's just the question how much it's gonna cost to repair. You could bring the car to an independent car expert to have it checked before you sign the contract. Maybe you could consider bringing it to a garage in the Czech Republik or Poland which might turn out much cheaper for you. What worries me a bit though is the restriction on the warranty. You could check this with Mazda Austria. Give them a call and ask them if this might restrict the warranty at all especially if you're going to have it repaired by an expert. Keep me updated.

Grüß Gott nach Österreich

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

well, catalog price is 31000 euros, and i get the damaged one for 20000, but maybe i can trade a little more.... the independent car expert is a good idea... i will see the dealer on saturday and recommend this to him so that i am safe that there are really only car body damages and nothing happend to the passenger safety cabin or the frame of the car.
greetings
PS: looking forward to drive that car on german highways ;)))

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

*lol*

Just another thing. How did it get 2000 km on it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

well, dealer says that it is still driveable, it would also be allowed to use it on public streets without attracting police, he said that the damages only damage the Look of the car but not its ability to get you where you want on this earth, the 2000km are from test drivings of other potential mazda 6 customers... also the dealer himself uses sometimes the car for "weekend trips".....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts