Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

TWM Performance is having a huge Mazda short shifter sale this month! Our Mazda 6 short throw shifters are on sale for only $134.95 until the end of October! You can SAVE UP TO $30 on the short shifter and shift knob combos, or SAVE $15 on the short shifter alone!

Here's a few pictures of the knobs available with the short shifter, all at a $15 discount when purchased with the shifter for a total savings of $30!

As always, you can add a short shift boot to the package as well! Don't miss out, check out the sale here: Mazda 6 Short Shifter Sale!

Don't forget to join the newsletter and save an extra 5% on top of the sale price, and students and members of the military can save 10% more if you visit this link: TWM Student and Military Discounts

Feel free to give us a call toll free at 1-877-655-0540 to order or for any questions you may have about our products.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM Performance

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Wow, student price with newsletter signup is $115 :) Not bad at all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay, now for newbies like me.. is this a true short-throw shifter? Riceboi wrote in a different thread:

about time. but be careful, you'll want a true short shifter and not a "short" shifter. some companies tend to drop the height of the knob essentially giving a shorter throw. the twm ss for the m6 has been shortened, so im a little hesitant in getting excited about this. if they keep the current height of the knob and shorten the throw, im down.

So I'm a little confused...

Thanks!

Dogmael

Hi Everyone,

TWM Performance is having a huge Mazda short shifter sale this month! Our Mazda 6 short throw shifters are on sale for only $134.95 until the end of October! You can SAVE UP TO $30 on the short shifter and shift knob combos, or SAVE $15 on the short shifter alone!

Here's a few pictures of the knobs available with the short shifter, all at a $15 discount when purchased with the shifter for a total savings of $30!

As always, you can add a short shift boot to the package as well! Don't miss out, check out the sale here: Mazda 6 Short Shifter Sale!

Don't forget to join the newsletter and save an extra 5% on top of the sale price, and students and members of the military can save 10% more if you visit this link: TWM Student and Military Discounts

Feel free to give us a call toll free at 1-877-655-0540 to order or for any questions you may have about our products.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM Performance
[/b]

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't a "true short shifter" one that simply shortens the throw distance?

i have the twm, and it clearly makes the throws shorter and tighter. the fact that they dropped the knob height two inches is just a bonus.

edit:

when it's installed, it shortens the throw distance the cables have to go to shift the tranny. hence the term "short throw shifter." riceboi confuses me.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
There can be, TWM's is both a short shifter (height reduced) and a short throw shifter (shift travel reduced).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so there's a difference between "short shifters" and "short throw shifters" ??
[/b]
Most people use the two terms interchangeably. Our Mazda 6 short shifters are true short throw shifters since they re-position the connecting point where the shifter cable connects to the shifter shaft. In addition to this we reduce the shift knob height for a sportier look and feel as well.

Here's a link to a page on our site which may clarify how a short shifter works: What is a short shifter

I hope this helps.

Don't forget, the sale is still on until the end of the month, and thanks for your orders! TWM Mazda 6 Short Shifter Sale

Kevin
TWM Performance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts