Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. this could be a dumb question and i know theres info on the forum i just cant find the answer im looking for. I just read the how to on installing the short shifter and it was a great one. Was curious about if that is the mazda speed short shift or somethin else? because up here in canada its gonna run me about $300 from the dealership. Also, I have been trying to get some info on a short ram intake. I found out that there is a solenoid on the filter box. Its on the right side of the box closest to the tire. anyone know what is up with that? If i put the intake in will the solenoid affect anything??

·
Registered
53 Posts
The solenoid you are talking about (the one with the green plug, attached to the airbox on the wheel side) is just a vacuum solenoid the computer uses to open the "flapper" on the airbox for the situations that the engine has a higher air demand. When a CAI or SRI is installed the vacuum supply to this solenoid is plugged off and the solenoid itself is removed from the airbox, plugged back in to the harness, and safely zipped tied somewhere (without any vacuum hoses attached). The computer only needs to see that it is connected, so it can pretend that its still needed. Of course this is only relevant if you have the V6, the I4 doesn't have the solenoid/flapper.

Shawn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
armyets2003
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing