Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok took me a while to post this but here goes.... I spoke with some guy from TWM last week and my question for him was... the throw in my ms6 is very long and agrivating are you folks devoloping any solution to this problem. His response was "if theres an interest in this product then you bet". Interest meaning at least 50 -75 of us commiting to purchasing these kits. I know its not just me. The car is a beast and i love every second of driving it but really the long throw needs to go!

Whos interested in this product?

·
Registered
451 Posts
i'm sure a ton of people will be interested... everytime i sit in my fc and drive it around, i miss the short, notchy shift from the mazdatrix short shift kit...

·
Registered
361 Posts
If they build it, I will buy it. As long as I don't need another loan for it!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I am definitely interested in it. The only hassle for me is to ship it over here DownUnder and I hope it doesn't cost me an arm and leg :) Oh mine is right hand drive, so I hope it should work fine with it being made for your lefthander.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I emailed them about it months ago and they told me it was in the works and they put me on their mailing list but I'm still waiting. By all means, everybody bury them with inquiries so they get off their BUTTS and get the thing made. I've been whining about mine since day one! I'm getting used to it now, but I'd still jump on a shorter throw shifter if there was one available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed short shift kit fits the MS6 ? It seems to be listed for the 6 and MS6 on the Mazda accessory site.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed short shift kit fits the MS6 ? It seems to be listed for the 6 and MS6 on the Mazda accessory site.
[/b]
I believe we already have this "Mazdaspeed short shift kit" in the MS6. I would like to go shorter though. Definately interested.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Does anyone know if the Mazdaspeed short shift kit fits the MS6 ? It seems to be listed for the 6 and MS6 on the Mazda accessory site.[/b]
It doesn't fit the MS6. :( I will buy a short throw if they make one.

·
Registered
676 Posts
count me in

·
Registered
134 Posts
Doesn't the MS6 use the same shifter as the RX-8? If so are there any RX-8 short throw shifters out?
[/b]
On the RX-8, reverse is down on the far right (after 6th), and the MS6 it's push down up to the left (1st). That would lead me to believe that they are not the same. However, I'm not sure. Just stating my observation.

Edit: Also, the fact that our Transaxle is connected to the shifter via cables since it's located in the engine bay an not underneath the shifter itself. Whereas on the RX-8 I believe the shifter is connected directly to the transmission since it sits directly below.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
25 Participants
mczimer
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing