Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can you read? Re read my post so I don't have to post it again.

There is no mention of "fuel dilution" in the Manual. It does tell you to follow the scheduled maintenance (schedule 1 - schedule 2) table dictated by your climate and usage and yes, "Repeated short distance driving" is ONE of the many reasons you would follow schedule 2 rather than schedule 1 as per the Mazda manual.

I'll repeat again just for you, Follow the manual, meaning use the recommended schedule you're supposed to based on you driving habits and climate.

And no, it doesn't all add up. Where do you come up with this stuff? The BMW forums?
My bad - it was a service alert.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
There is no mention of "fuel dilution" in the Manual. It does tell you to follow the scheduled maintenance (schedule 1 - schedule 2) table dictated by your climate and usage and yes, "Repeated short distance driving" is ONE of the many reasons you would follow schedule 2 rather than schedule 1 as per the Mazda manual.
I don't remember anything about fuel dilution on my Owner's Manual. What I found is this:

It says there that you should change oil once you reach the X mark.

So my question now is, why the oil level will go up if I'm not adding any oil?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You have answered my question. I lost internet connection a couple of hours ago and so my other post is "late".
Well, being approx 1qt past the "max mark" ( at "x") would make me incredibly concerned. Nice to hear that the oil pan on these cars is very generous when it comes to overfilling during an oil change...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts