Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Forgive me, as I'm somewhat of a newbie on this board and this might be in a FAQ somewhere. If so, I haven't found it so I'm asking here.

I recently purchased a 2005 Mazda6 Sport with a V6 and the ATX. Let me first say that I love the car and am so happy with my purchase! Now I see why this car has such a fan base. It really is fun to drive.

I've noticed a 1/4 to 1/2 second delay in acceleration when I press the gas after coming to a full stop. I don't even think it requires a full stop for this to happen. It is a bit disconcerting when driving in heavy traffic. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? Does it point to some maintenance I need to do?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Mojo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to have to show my complete ignorance here, but what is an ECU/TCM update and how do I tell if I have it?

Thanks!

Make sure you have the latest ECU/TCM Updates from your dealer, that is the first place to start.
[/b]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You should have a sticker on your car somewhere about the update.. but sometimes the dealer doesnt put it on.. The dealer never mine one on for me.. Its best if you go to the dealer and ask them if yours was ever updated.. They can check taht stuff and if not ask for the newest update...It made a huge difference on my 04

·
Registered
52 Posts
Go to the dealer and ask them to check if your car has the latest PCM/TCM/ECU/etc!!! When they reflash everything...it'll be like your car has new life...
[/b]
i just had this done on my car and it really is like a new car....works perfectly now!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips, guys (and gals)! I have scheduled my appointment with the local dealer to have that done!

·
Registered
165 Posts
What are those updates for? Do you have to have a warrenty to get them? Sorry I know nothing about this... and my car has a slow start a lot of the times. thanks :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm having the same problem as well. It sucks when your at a stop sign and hit the gas and nothign happens for a split second. I was wondering if it was normal then I saw this thread. I guess I'll take my car in sometime to be updated.

Is the update covered under warrenty or do I have to pay for it? Also, how long does it take to have done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Covered 100% by warranty, don't let the dealer tell you otherwise.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm having the same problem as well. It sucks when your at a stop sign and hit the gas and nothign happens for a split second. I was wondering if it was normal then I saw this thread. I guess I'll take my car in sometime to be updated.

Is the update covered under warrenty or do I have to pay for it? Also, how long does it take to have done?

Thanks!
[/b]
Hey Metal4all6, I moved from Malvern off of 352 a while back. Nice to see that someone there is in the club!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Huh...I was beginning to wonder if my car was the only one that felt like that from a rolling or complete stop...definitely going to the dealer tomorrow to get that update!

Gotta love these boards!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Covered 100% by warranty, don't let the dealer tell you otherwise.
[/b]
My warrenty ran out, does that mean i have to pay for the updates... and no one has told me what they do yet

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hmm, I think I have the same issue...

How can I check if I have or need the new flash/update? Where would this sticker be? I don't want to call or go to the dealer and have them give me the runaround "oh it's already been done" without being able to verify it myself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i just had this done on my car and it really is like a new car....works perfectly now!!!
[/b]
Just got back from the dealership...they were able to tell by the VIN if mine had the update or not. It hadn't, so 30 minutes later they had completed the update (ECU and TCU).

HUGE difference in throttle responce, and the shift from 1st to 2nd felt less "mushy" when manually shifting the 6 speed auto.

If you are experiencing the "lag", it's absolutely worth the the visit to your dealer!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
yup you also may want to check out the throttle body coolant bypass it made a difference on my car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I had the updates applied at the dealer but I was still feeling a short delay between pressing the gas and actually moving. I'll have to pay closer attention tomorrow and make sure it's not just my imagination.

This car has about 10K miles on it. Is there some standard maintence stuff I should be doing to it at this point?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dealership told me if the problem persists or comes back, the throttle body will need to be replaces. The tech I talked to had the update done, and it seemed ok for about 4-5 months, and it started happening again, so they replaces the tb.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Funny... i've noticed my 04 6Sedan A/T doesnt quite pick up from a stop as quick as it should as well... i guess i'll go see about this update.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
15 Participants
DanSolo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing