Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my shock sensor installed in my 06 M6i using the older version of the shock sensor (0000-8F-H01). The only differnce that I can tell is that the old version connects to a different set of wires.

So it's installed, and tested working. I have it set to the sensitivity I like. Reset my windows because I disconnected the battery while installing. I reverse my car into my parking lot and noticed that the courtesy lights went on for a second for no reason.

Well I tap the sensor and the courtesy lights go on. uh..is this normal??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Because it is added to the factory system it is using the door trigger to trip the alarm. This should NOT happen when the key is on though. Check your connections. If it still doesn't work right you can wire up a relay to the trigger so the connection is broken with the key on.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my gf's brother look at it, he's in alarm installer. the mazda shock sensor is actually a universl shock sensor you can get anywhere.

we checked the wires and tried different connections (like not using the brown, using brown as trigger, etc) and it was still the same. When keys were in the IGN it would still try to activate.

so we used something else as the trigger, the hood. however the hood is different, its the opposite of the door, it's either open when hood is down, and closed when hood is up, or vice versa. We had to use a relay to do the opposite to activate the alarm.

now, whenever going over bumps, the relay will click but won't activate the a lights and alarm.

kinda sucks still, but at least it works.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I had my gf's brother look at it, he's in alarm installer. the mazda shock sensor is actually a universl shock sensor you can get anywhere.

we checked the wires and tried different connections (like not using the brown, using brown as trigger, etc) and it was still the same. When keys were in the IGN it would still try to activate.

so we used something else as the trigger, the hood. however the hood is different, its the opposite of the door, it's either open when hood is down, and closed when hood is up, or vice versa. We had to use a relay to do the opposite to activate the alarm.

now, whenever going over bumps, the relay will click but won't activate the a lights and alarm.

kinda sucks still, but at least it works.
[/b]
An easier way to fix this would have been to use the ignition wire as the ground for the shock sensor. It rests at ground when the car isn't on so the senor will work like it should, but when you start the car the wire will switch to 12v and the sensor will lose it's ground and stop working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts