Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some of the worst driving conditions in the last 40 years heavy raining for 160kms...I drove to Sydney on the freeway....cars spearing off the road, my little MPS just took it all in its stride, never a slip no issues with aquaplaning all smooth and calm...must have been 10 "accidents" in 160kms. It must be one of THE safest cars on the road!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had some of the worst driving conditions in the last 40 years heavy raining for 160kms...I drove to Sydney on the freeway....cars spearing off the road, my little MPS just took it all in its stride, never a slip no issues with aquaplaning all smooth and calm...must have been 10 "accidents" in 160kms. It must be one of THE safest cars on the road!
[/b]
yea, you guys copped some wet weather didn't you...must admit I drove from Sydney to Newcastle in torrential conditions and never felt safer - top car :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Shines in sand too. :)

I was coming to work yesterday and there is a sharp turn (not quite a hairpin) to go from one rural highway to another. I take this turn pretty fast. Yesterday as I got into the turn, I felt the whole car shift directly sideways about a foot. It did not get crazy or anything, it kept going just fine. I found out later some truck had gone around that bend too fast and dumped a load of really fine sand that just happened to be about the color of the road (it would have been more obvious in daylight).

I was a little nervous when I felt the car shift sideways, but thinking on it after finding out what was on the road, I am very pleased with how the DSC handled things.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I don't want to have a false safety feeling but yeah, I do pass a lot more slower cars in the traffic during the downpour :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
It definitely handles great in the wet weather, the stock tires help quite a bit too. I've done one autocross in the rain and the only cars that were running faster times were the Subarus. This car just grabs really well going around a turn in the wet weather.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Let me join in the chorus..... :yesnod: this car inspires confidence in the wet. Of course, so did my Mz6 with Toyo T1-S tires.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me join in the chorus..... :yesnod: this car inspires confidence in the wet. Of course, so did my Mz6 with Toyo T1-S tires.
[/b]
My Mz6 with Sumitomos HTRZII (225/40x18) also were very predictable in the wet. My wife's RX8 with 245/30x19s (Toyo T1-R) are just superb too..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts