Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have an '04 6s wagon with 5spd manual transmission. I have always thought the shifting in it was somewhat reluctant. When I move from one gear to another there is a moment's hesitation when I can push the gear into the selected position. Moving it out of gear is not a problem. I don't think this is an issue with the clutch as there is never any grinding or complaining just the hesitation to get the shifter to move into position. This is the same whether upshifting or downshifting.

This has become more apparent as I now have an '05 Mazda3 and it is extremely smooth and fast to shift between gears. Without sounding negative about the 6, the experience is somewhat like driving a pickup with a manual transmission.

Any thoughts? Is this normal? The vehicle has under 30K on the odometer and has always felt this way since we bought it new.

Thanks for your time!
Chris

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Well, the hesitation is usually caused by the synchro, but is never at the point where it gets anoying nor is it any longer on my 6s then my other cars. Its less then my firebird though for sure. I also rev match so mine is hardly there. I cant drive your car so i cant tell but if you test drive another wagon and see if its the same and if not its a problem and if it is it just might be the way it is? Mines a 6s sedan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts