Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of spirited driving tonight. When I went to throw 3rd gear, nothing!?! Then the car is stuck in neutral and the stick is soft and does nothing. I get out and look under the hood and one of the shifter linkage cables has popped off! I put it back on and everything is fine. Strange. I guess I'll keep an eye on it in the future. Anyone else have a similar problem?

·
Registered
428 Posts
There was a TSB for that. The only reason I know is because when I complained about the choppy shifting I had in second gear, he whipped that TSB out. To check it you have to put the car in 3rd gear and apply like 45kg of force 10 times and see if the linkage breaks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Anyone else have a similar problem?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Any idea when this TSB was issued?
When my transmission was replaced, they replaced the linkage as well, just wondering if thats why they replaced it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took it in to the dealer today. The tech said the linkage was "loose" and needed to be adjusted. Whatever he did, it feels like a whole new car. Nice smooth engagement at just about any RPM. I'm happy.
BTW.. Dealer says there is not any TSB for the linkage. Can someone confirm?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Took it in to the dealer today. The tech said the linkage was "loose" and needed to be adjusted. Whatever he did, it feels like a whole new car. Nice smooth engagement at just about any RPM. I'm happy.
BTW.. Dealer says there is not any TSB for the linkage. Can someone confirm?
[/b]
sounds like something I need to have done to mine!

·
Registered
778 Posts
TSB number would be nice. Definetly would like it fixed on my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts