Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Mazdaspeed shiftkit, have not yet installed it.
I've been told I'm going to want a heavier shift knob.

The problem is I really don't like the look of all the ones I see.
I do not like the look of the plain machined metal knobs (besides, metal shift knob in a city that has 35C days in summer and -35C days in winter is not smart). Sphere's don't do it for me either.

The best looking and most comfortable shift knobs I find, are the stock mazda knobs (same size and shape as my old 323... there might just be a reason they havent' changed shape in at least 15 years). They have the right shape, with the leather wrap they look and feel good, and the metal gate pattern on the top is a nice touch.

My ideal shift knob would be the stock 6 knob with some more weight, and perhapse a mazdaspeed logo. Closest thing I can find is this:

( http://corksport.com/store/category/53i3/Knobs.html )

But even that looks pretty tall (designed for a miata?), and I have no idea how heavy it is...

So my question is this
Does anyone know of a heavier knob that looks and feels similar to the stock 6 knob?

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of those momos actually look good (one of the carbon-fibre look alikes would fit fine with the interior of the 6), but are they straight screw ons or do they need the retaining pin? Also, are they sufficiently heavy?

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Some of those momos actually look good (one of the carbon-fibre look alikes would fit fine with the interior of the 6), but are they straight screw ons or do they need the retaining pin? Also, are they sufficiently heavy?

Any other suggestions?
[/b]
Yeah its a retaining pin.
I gotta be honest! You should go to your near by performance shop and feel the shift nobs before you buy.
Thats what I did, And you can't go wrong with that!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its a retaining pin.
I gotta be honest! You should go to your near by performance shop and feel the shift nobs before you buy.
Thats what I did, And you can't go wrong with that!
[/b]
That's not a bad idea...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty certain it is taller. I think it was meant for a miata around 97...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts