Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend had mentioned something very interesting to me. I'm now throwing this idea around. I was wonder, is there somewhere you can purchase a back-lit shift knob so that the 1-2-3-4-5-R are illuminated in red, as well as the lines connecting the numbers, just like in the S4 and M5? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Reading Topic: Shift knob question....

you can purchase them...and i dont know if they'll fit our car or not. Check Ebay...i've seen them on there before.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Shift knob question....'

I wanted to do that with my car a while back and had a hard time finding any decent ones. The ones on Ebay sell for around $20-30. From what I hear, they're unreliable. The ones here are good quality but expensive. Don't know what the thread pattern is on the 6, but if its 8-14mm like the VW's than these will work.

Here's some pics..

NOTE: They come with few different shift patterns, so the ones above that don't match the 6's shift pattern can be changed the Mazda6's 5 speed pattern

Alan

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Shift knob question....'

What site is that from? I don't really care about the cost too much, as long as I can get it to match, and that second or thrid one may be a good one.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Nope. Just aftermarket shift knobs that happen to fit VW thread patterns :)

·
Registered
170 Posts

Could you make one with some red led's, and a little modification to the shift nob? It might be a pain in the ass, I'll ask my installer friend what he thinks once I get my 6. I was just shooting this around, no 6 to look at first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts