Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got delivery of my second 6.
She's in light gold (to match the Saudi desert :D ) with an MTX, climate control, leather, 17"s, but no sunroof. The absence of the spoiled makes it look smaller than "the White One," but it looks less complicated too. I might fit a lip spoiler in the future.
Although I didn't exactly feel a world of difference in performance between "the Gold One" and the "White One," (probably due to the car needing to be broken in first,) the driving experience is quite different. I still have to "relearn" driving a stickshift after a few years with automatics, and I'm putting off relearning the "clutchless shifting" technique for now - a technique I almost perfected with my mom's old car.
I also still have to get used to the different seating position required by the need to use the clutch. While the White afforded me a more relaxed demeanor, the Gold has kept me on my toes last night and this morning with the more frequent use of my left leg. Now I sit in it like a confused graduate waiting for a job interview :D
Although the two cars are basically the same, the Gold's seats feel different, but that's probably because they haven't sagged to fit my body yet.
I got a pleasant surprize last night, though: There's is one street that I use daily to get to work, and it's all rutted, pitted and potholed. I was concerned if the 17"s would go the way the originals on the White went, but when I drove home last night, I was surprized that they had had the street resurfaced during the day! God works in mysterious ways.
As a matter of fact, I almost didn't get the car last night. I got busy covering the terrorist attack in Jeddah early in the evening, but then one of my rookie reporters said he was joining me, so I told him to do the coverage and take the byline while I do the editing on the story, and I headed off to the showroom to pick up the car. Another reporter of ours was trapped in the place where the attack took place, but thank God she came out unskathed, and I gave her the lead byline :)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Congrats on the new car! And I'm just amazed to hear you talk about terrorist attacks and shit man, I can't imagine what it's like to live there. Be safe, and let's see some pics of this gold 6!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well, shit happens. But it's nowhere near as bad as you might imagine. In fact life in Saudi Arabia is quite normal (albeit with many natural differences socially, like veiled women who can't drive... etc.) and this terror thing is very sporadic. It's not like it happens everyday, so it's not like you feel threatened in any way or at any time. In fact, you're a million times more likely to be hit by a car than to get shot by some extremist. But then again, I'm Jordanian, so probably it will never feel as different to me as it does to a non-Arabic speaking visitor/resident.
As for the new car... :D

[attachmentid=17693][attachmentid=17692][attachmentid=17694]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I love that color...too bad they dropped it in the newer line ups.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I almost picked up a blue one, but everyone from my own eyes to my mother to my wife to the salesman conspired to talk me into this, which I think looks classier and more understated. I fell in love with that color ever since I saw it on a Benz 560 SEC back in the 80s. I wished, though, the shade was darker - something more like this:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love white! It looks especially pleasing (and cooler) in all that Saudi sun. Actually I had a choice of getting the second car in white, but I wanted to change.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!
It may not be, but it's certainly growing on me. Besides, I already have white, blue is too common, red would be too in-my-face on my way to work in the morning, silver is just out of style, and they were out of black. So... :D

·
Registered
747 Posts
What program did you use to distort the license plate characters so that we couldn't read it?? :laugh:

just kidding,
-dumb American

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's called Adobe Arabshop :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts