Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know for a fact that the stock antennas on the 6's give some good reception, they got to since thier so freaking long and ugly, but the short stubby antenna's going for sale on Ebay clearly say that they do not provide as good reception as stock, so...my question is how about the Sharkfin antenna's, I know i shouldn't be listening to the radio because I got a cd/mp3 player, but nonetheless, I like the radio shows sometimes, and to those who have those sharkfin antennas and have switched from stock to them, hows the reception compare? any noticable static or reception loss in areas you previously didn't usually have? I dig the way they look though and its bugging me as to how well they can pick up stations. Living in hurricane prone areas, it helps to have radio anyhows. sooooooo how are they? :drive:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
All I can REALLY say is.... click on this link.... http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=57972&hl=

pretty much www.therpmstore.com has sold tons of these antennas and probably wont stop because they're

1) Look cool as hell
2) DO provide better reception than your stock stubby antenna
3) Work along with Sirius Satellite Radio
4) They're painted to match your car
5) It's a CHEAP MOD with a GREAT LOOK!!

just buy it, everyone loves it in our club!!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Get in on the latest group buy. The link above ^^^^^is the way to go. Word from the previous group buy is that a few folks had slightly degraded reception, but that all of the local stations come in without trouble.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
welcome. i've been using the sharkfin on my MS6 for about 3 months. reception doesn't seem any worse. i have to admit, i listen to my XM almost exlusively.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had it on for over a month now and listen to the morning radio shows to work everyday, I hear no difference in reception at all!!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts