Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to order a Shark Fin for my Titanium Grey Speed6 but I want a perfect color match. So I was wondering how well the color matches from any of you that have ordered/installed one on your cars?

Is it perfect or noticeably different? Where did you order it from?

Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i got mine today from the rpm store, and it looks perfect.heres how mine looks like to give u an idea.[attachmentid=16941][attachmentid=16942]

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
The dark titianum grey is perfect. I live in the Metro NY area so reception is not an issue, but you realy do loose alot of reception power when you move out to the country.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I want to order a Shark Fin for my Titanium Grey Speed6 but I want a perfect color match. So I was wondering how well the color matches from any of you that have ordered/installed one on your cars?

Is it perfect or noticeably different? Where did you order it from?

Thanks.
[/b]
Pretty damn close........... RPM

·
Registered
185 Posts
Absolutely effin perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i got the black cherry mica. the color is right on, but there is a slight ripple at the front bottom of the fin. on the car though, it's damn hard to see. it really looks good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got mine today from the rpm store, and it looks perfect.heres how mine looks like to give u an idea.[attachmentid=16941][attachmentid=16942]
[/b]
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I definitely want one - They give such an improved look over the stock antenna...

Another question: How do you install them? I've heard it's just a gasket that glues on to the car, is this true?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I definitely want one - They give such an improved look over the stock antenna...

Another question: How do you install them? I've heard it's just a gasket that glues on to the car, is this true?

Thanks again.
[/b]

You get instructions with it. its real easy. it not a gasket glue you use, its comes with double sided tape.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You get instructions with it. its real easy. it not a gasket glue you use, its comes with double sided tape.
[/b]
Nice and easy. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it's an easy install, less than 15 minutes. basically, you've got to clean off the area, remove the stock whip, line-up & stick.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's an easy install, less than 15 minutes. basically, you've got to clean off the area, remove the stock whip, line-up & stick.
[/b]
What do you use to line it up, out of curiosity? Do you just center it over where the stock antenna came off?

Also, is that a Yorkshire Terrier in your avatar?

·
Registered
875 Posts
The Whitewater Pearl Mica is close, but not perfect. It has a tad bit more yellow to it. You can't really tell unless the light is right, but still looks great.

To line it up, you just put it over the old antenna base with equal space on each side. Really easy. You can put marks with wax or soap if you want it perfect.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
What do you use to line it up, out of curiosity? Do you just center it over where the stock antenna came off?
[/b]
you remove the stock anteanna, screw a wire connector into the stock location that connects to a wire built into the shark fin, you basically line it up so that it looks good. you have a little bit of play. i tried measuring & using tape marks like the directions said, but in the end i eye-balled it. looks good.

[/b]
he's 1/2 yorkie and chuhaua, in the mixed breed world it's referred to as a chorkie, but we call him jack. jack tilts the scales at 8 lbs. we got him at 13 weeks & 2 lbs. the lady said he wouldn't get over 4 lbs, but he had a growth spurt at one year and doubled in weight between 12-13 months. he's a very durable & loving dog. it's a breed we'd get again.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

[/b]

The Steel Gray & Blazing Copper matched perfect to our 6's. The install took only about 10 minutes. If you use the following points of reference, it is easy. If you use the dip in the Flying M on the back of the vehicle, no mattter what model(sedan, hatch or wagon) and use the mounting bracket for the rear view mirro you can't wrong as they are dead center. Use a white grease pencil to mark it, then install your sharkie.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Steel Gray & Blazing Copper matched perfect to our 6's. The install took only about 10 minutes. If you use the following points of reference, it is easy. If you use the dip in the Flying M on the back of the vehicle, no mattter what model(sedan, hatch or wagon) and use the mounting bracket for the rear view mirro you can't wrong as they are dead center. Use a white grease pencil to mark it, then install your sharkie.
[/b]
Good idea... I'm pretty anal so i'll probably measure to the middle then half the distance of the Shark fin out on either side...

Something like that.

=D

e's 1/2 yorkie and chuhaua, in the mixed breed world it's referred to as a chorkie, but we call him jack. jack tilts the scales at 8 lbs. we got him at 13 weeks & 2 lbs. the lady said he wouldn't get over 4 lbs, but he had a growth spurt at one year and doubled in weight between 12-13 months. he's a very durable & loving dog. it's a breed we'd get again.
[/b]
I didn't like small dogs until we got our Yorkie... He's hardly ever barks and when he does it's not a yip it's actually a bark. Very friendly and lovable (and stocky for a Yorkie at 11+lbs - but it suits him, he's not fat). I'd definitely get another if anything happened to him or our two cats.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Good idea... I'm pretty anal so i'll probably measure to the middle then half the distance of the Shark fin out on either side...

Something like that.

=D
I didn't like small dogs until we got our Yorkie... He's hardly ever barks and when he does it's not a yip it's actually a bark. Very friendly and lovable (and stocky for a Yorkie at 11+lbs - but it suits him, he's not fat). I'd definitely get another if anything happened to him or our two cats.
[/b]

The distance on all of the cars is 19.5 inches, from the inside to the inside where the black strips are.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The distance on all of the cars is 19.5 inches, from the inside to the inside where the black strips are.
[/b]
One measurement down, three to go. lol =D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Anyone order their shark-fin from the RPM Store? How long did it take?

I ordered mine September 24th and still don't have it. :irate:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts