Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just finished siging the details on my mazda sport 6 hatch, so wandering around trying to fill-up on some info.

Right now, I have a set of Michelin X-Ice winter tires(i live in Montreal, you need-em!), at 195/65 r16. They're only a season old. Now, i know these won't fit on the stock mags i got with the car, but i would like to know if i mount them on some good 'ole steelies if i'll be able to fit them to the car.

I know thinner tyres are better in the winter, so i figure there shouldn't be a problem, but it's better to ask.

Oh, and before people scream at me, from what i read on the pinned threads above, there was no mention of different rims for the tires, only the tire themselves, which i assumed was on the stock rims.

Any help would be great

Cheers
Miche

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Miche,

You sure you have that size right? Michelin Canada doesn't list that size:

Michelin X-Ice Specs

Other manufacturers list that tire as 26" tall, which would be okay, but the application for that size is, I believe, the Dodge/Freightliner Sprinter (FedEx and UPS use them) and are 8 and 10 ply tires. You really wouldn't want to be puttin' that on your 6 if that's the case with yours. Also, they are approved for a very narrow rim width range (up to 6 inches wide). You'd probably do better to put the 205/60R16 X-Ice or comparable product from another manufacturer. *cough* TOYO! *cough* :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoop, yeah, my bad.

I've been convinced that they were r16. apparently they are only r15( i just checked my invoice from when i bought them!)

I guess 15" is too small eh!

Crap. sorry for that.

Miche

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I think someone posted somewhere that 15s will fit over the calipers, but I'm not sure. At 25.0 inches tall, 195/65R15 is borderline (within the -2% rule, though), but it does have the required 91 load index. You may want to look at Mazda3 steelies for 15 inch.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I was unable to get my 15" steelies from my Protege5 to fit. Other steelies may work though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts