Mazda 6 Forums banner

Service needed signal coming up

755 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Zoom-Zoom6 
#1 ·
I have a Mazda 6 2018 that I purchased used in July 2020. On the display screen it says it needs service soon. I haven't done any service to my car since purchasing it besides replacing a tire. Its about to hit 28k miles, got it at around 20k miles. For the service, does that just mean I need an oil change or is there much more I need to get checked?

#3 ·
At your mileage this is a list of all the stuff I would do:
Oil change
cabin air filter
engine air filter
check to see if wipers are needed (blades or inserts if you still have the oem wipers)
If the tires with the higher tread depth are in the back I would perform a tire rotation along with checking all the pressures.
Honestly i would bring the car somewhere for the oil change and rotate unless you have the tools and know how, but I would do the filters my self as you won't need any tools and you can easily find replacements at your local auto parts store. There are plenty of videos online and the filters are super easy to access.

#4 ·
Or, you could look in the Maint screen and see what its telling you... Home Button-> scroll left all the way-> Maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.