Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am a first time Mazda owner with a 2010 Mazda6. The car was purchased from OpenRoad Mazda Port Moody in late December (damn I missed out on the great financing plan with 5 year 0% going on in Jan right now!!) . The minor problem is that I actually live in Richmond. I don't want to drive all the way to Port Moody for services every time unless it's the best in around Vancouver.

I also realize it's been mentioned and briefly talked about in this forum about dealership services, but I still want to ask people on the forum on their personal experiences with the service departments in around Vancouver. It would be great if someone tell me that Signature Mazda has the best service in Vancouver (closest dealership for me), but I know it might not be the case. :p

I am ready to build a relationship with one of the Mazda dealership service department here. Any suggestions or recommendation? :)

Also, a side question. Because I don't drive the car everyday and will naturally have relatively low mileages on the car, do I still need to take the car for services every 4 months (3 times/year)? Can I follow the 2 times/year schedule on the owner's manual?

Andy

·
Registered
392 Posts
QUOTE (ckz @ Jan 26 2010, 04:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1632540
Hi All,

I am a first time Mazda owner with a 2010 Mazda6. The car was purchased from OpenRoad Mazda Port Moody in late December (damn I missed out on the great financing plan with 5 year 0% going on in Jan right now!!) . The minor problem is that I actually live in Richmond. I don't want to drive all the way to Port Moody for services every time unless it's the best in around Vancouver.

I also realize it's been mentioned and briefly talked about in this forum about dealership services, but I still want to ask people on the forum on their personal experiences with the service departments in around Vancouver. It would be great if someone tell me that Signature Mazda has the best service in Vancouver (closest dealership for me), but I know it might not be the case. :p

I am ready to build a relationship with one of the Mazda dealership service department here. Any suggestions or recommendation? :)

Also, a side question. Because I don't drive the car everyday and will naturally have relatively low mileages on the car, do I still need to take the car for services every 4 months (3 times/year)? Can I follow the 2 times/year schedule on the owner's manual?

Andy[/b]
I go to Wolfe Langley for service and I live out in Burnaby. I've heard that signature isn't very good for service.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i HATE.... absolutely DETEST richmond signature mazda and i live in the neighborhood across the street from it...

i've been going to port moody for the last year, but might give langley a try.

welcome to the club!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've had a really good relationship with Morrey Mazda in North Vancouver. They know me by name whenever I used to go (not necessarily a good thing...haha). They've been really good to me over the time I had my Mazda6.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Spidy @ Feb 10 2010, 12:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635906
OpenRoad Port Moody is my vote. When they use to be westcoast port moody they sucked, but the ownership under openroad seems to have improved things.[/b]
Well... that's where I bought the car. can't say I have a smooth transaction with the sales department, but maybe I will give their service a try. Is there any person that's particularly helpful in the service department?

By the way, can you use your own oil for the oil change? I know Motorcraft 5w20 is pretty good, but just want to know if we have the option of bring our own oil if we so chose to.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just had my car looked at by Open Road Mazda in Port Moody and I was very happy with their service. I brought the car in for one issue, and they ended up fixing a bunch of other minor issues I had with the car without me evening mentioning it to them. To say the least, I am pleasantly surprised and will go back to them if I ever need to (I travel from Burnaby).

I've dealt with the Mazda Dealership on 152nd in White Rock/South Surrey, and they also were very good. And I've briefly dealt with the Metrotown Mazda, and wasn't all that impressed with them. Nothing horrible, but just wasn't the best service.

Hell, Open Road Mazda even vacuumed my car! ;)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Got the car from Wolfe BOundary, their service sucks

Been servicing the car @ signature mazda ( too slow) until today.

Went to metro town Mazda @ 9:15am. Told them exactly what I need them to do
- 8k interval oil change @ 46k
- steering wheel clunk ( have tsb but they didn't need it)
- Clicking sound from vent
- no car wash

Blah blah.. expected like 6hrs cuz thats how long signature usually takes. But @ 11:30am. Car was ready.

-Steering spine was lubed ( did not blame on coilover)
-blower motor ordered and will be back to replace it
-car was not washed

Give them 8.5/10

Will be going to metrotown mazda for service starting now.:)

Hey CHris, lets bring our cars in for the exhaust squeeks.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Morrey Mazda in the North shore is the one I deal with, although I do the oil changes myself whenever there were any issues other service done it was done quite well.... car wash everytime and depending if the inside was dirty they would vacum as well! :)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yeah, I've dealt with Morrey Mazda in North Van exclusively when I owned my Mazda6. I would recommend them, however, my friend who has a Mazda3 purchased from them seems to get the run around. Not sure what he's doing, but I never had any problems.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I still service mine at Signature, just due to location. I work in Richmond and I can drop it off in the morning. It doesn't mean they're good. I tried Wolfe (boundry, where I purchased) once maybe twice. I hated their service. I didn't like it at all.

My dad used to service his MPV at Metrotown Mazda. He didn't like their service either. But it was long time ago. It might be better now. I just don't want to make separate schedule to service my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts