Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I just want to make sure on this real fast. If there is a Service Bulletin posted for my vehicle. Even if I am not experiencing the problem yet. Can I still take my car in and they will do what the bulletin sais?.

I only ask because my car goes in the shop on Thursday to fix the groaning sound from the front breaks. plus some other stuff. All of which I found Bulletins for.

And since I am at almost 40k miles. I was just wonderin if I could just print off all the Service Bulletins posted that would regard my make and model of car to have the work done. That way, I don't have to worry about something acting up after warrenty and me having to pay for it out of my pocket.

Or will they only do a something if it can be recreated. by them weather it's a service bulletin or not?

My other question is. A few things I am having problems with. and I notice there is a bulletin for the problem. But the service bulletin will say it's only for the V6 not the 2.3l. (like the crappy lag in acceleration one). so can I not use that TSB then?

I'm just wanting to get what I can done while it's there because it's such a pain in the ass to get an appoitment set up through my dealer. And we only have one Mazda dealer in Des Moines. I called almost a month ago to get this one set up for thursday because they had no open slots. So I just want to get the shit out of the way off the TSB's while I can before it's to late. even if it hasn't became a problem for me yet. If I can.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
It depends on the dealership. If you have a nice dealership, they'll take care of your TSB even when not experiencing problem. Others want to reproduce the problem first before they fix it. It doesn't hurt to bring a copy of the TSB just incase they're nice. However most of dealership falls under "others" category.

For your 2nd question, if the TSB is for V6 then it doesn't apply for your I4. Even when it's V6, sometimes the TSB will only cover certain year model, certain pin number, etc.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends on the dealership. If you have a nice dealership, they'll take care of your TSB even when not experiencing problem. Others want to reproduce the problem first before they fix it. It doesn't hurt to bring a copy of the TSB just incase they're nice. However most of dealership falls under "others" category.

For your 2nd question, if the TSB is for V6 then it doesn't apply for your I4. Even when it's V6, sometimes the TSB will only cover certain year model, certain pin number, etc.
[/b]
That sucks, My biggest fear is. At low speeds, When i lightly press on the breaks. or let up on them lightly from a stop. it makes this annoying loud groaning noise. But it only does it some of the time. usually in the mornings when I leave for work.

Well I found a TSB for it. Problem is. It sais for the 3.0 only. So I'm afriad the dealer will do the whole "Can't reproduce" thing. So I was hoping that TSB would cover it do. But it doesn't sound like it does lol

I'll found out how nice the dealer is soon though. This is the first time I've taken my car in since I modded it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts