Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone changed their serpentine belt on their Mazdaspeed 6? It seems like the best way to get to the tensioner is from the bottom on the car. I'm looking at changing it because my car has 84,000 miles on it. THe belt looks good still....no cracks or drying. Is the serpentine belt diagrahm on the Speed6 the same as on the reg 2.3 4cyl? Thank you. :cool:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
theres a little door/window in the pass wheelwell that gives u access to the tensioner.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I replaced mines and also the idler pulley. I accessed it at the top of the engine bay, its not that hard. But you have to remember how its routed. Its a 14mm, try to get a long wrench to get some leverage, the last pulley you should try to put the belt around on is the water pump. Trust me. I did this outside the streets, I have no garage.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the info....I will try it today! High 5!!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did it and it was pretty simple to do:lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have had to replace this on my old 6i and just a few weekends ago on my MS6. I was able to do most of it myself, but putting the belt back on myself was freakin' hard! With an extra hand this is probably the easiest repalcement part to do on the car next to the air filter :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
djmarkian said:
I replaced mines and also the idler pulley. I accessed it at the top of the engine bay, its not that hard. But you have to remember how its routed. Its a 14mm, try to get a long wrench to get some leverage, the last pulley you should try to put the belt around on is the water pump. Trust me. I did this outside the streets, I have no garage.

This post is quite helpful. Well, my friend is needed to change his serpentine belt into dayco brand but we're quite newbies on how to do it. Lucky to found this post with reliable info and tips. It also sounds like an easy job so we'll be giving it a shot over the weekend. Thanks for sharing some info. :)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can thank me for this thread....lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
This post is quite helpful. Well, my friend is needed to change his serpentine belt into dayco brand but we're quite newbies on how to do it. Lucky to found this post with reliable info and tips. It also sounds like an easy job so we'll be giving it a shot over the weekend. Thanks for sharing some info. :)
Make a drawing of how the belt is routed BEFORE you remove it. If you're like me, you'll be suprised how qiuckly you can forget how it goes.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
there should be a diagram under the hood on rad support or on the hood itself. if not the owner manual should have one. haven't had to do it yet but every other car i did its right on the rad support.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts