Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the JL boner on this forum so huge?

Is it because most of you arent aware of other companies that sell better product for less?

Did someone tell you JL was the best and not to bother with anything else?

Did the shop that ripped you off paying full retail tell you it was the best?

I will admit that JL makes some incredible products but the price to performance ratio just doesnt add up for me. There is a whole other world of car audio products out there that I can guarantee most of you arent even aware of.

Thats all for now. Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We built a caprice at the shop a few moths back with four 12" W0's that were like six years old and they wanged. never blew. I dont completely hate JL. just think there are alot of people over here who dont realize the grass is greener on the other side.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have JL because it is the only setup that I've heard that made me have to know what it was when I heard it for the first time. (BTW, I have heard plenty of setups) Music is my life and livelyhood, and I am truly impressed in the quality---and quality of sound that they bring. Sure, there might be some other company that is bangin, but until I hear it, I will stick with mine.

Plus, I think that their products look really clean and finished without the need for chrome spinner D.J. Funkystyle grille covers or some wierd pentagon shapes that, frankly just do nothing for me.[/b]

interesting.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think that they are the "only great company"... I'm just going from experience. If I hear a better setup, then I will change, but until then.... JL will follow me wherever I go, simply because it is in my trunk.[/b]

You should seriousley get out more. hit up some local competitions and see what available.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had two friends had Treo subs, in an '84 Jimmy and a '93 mustang.... Both of them got rid of them after I got my stuff and bought JL because they suddenly realized that the subs were supposed to actually sound good, not just loud.[/b]

That is the single most ignorant thing ive ever heard a JL Fan boy say!

I bet you have broken alot of windows in your car or past cars havent you......

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I want to agree to disagree, but Mike, you still didn't post what you had, I just want to see what other people have other than JL.[/b]

I am still planning my first Two-Way Active front stage as well as trying to find the perfect sub stage for my personal tastes. I personally like crisp, clean Highs and deep throat closing Bass. Trying to get the two in one install is no easy task. You mix my budget into that and it gets a bit harder. My front stage is mostly decided upon, however the sub stage is up in the air as I want to slap an 18" sub or two in the trunk so I am sure that the required output (for me) is there.

I however should explain a little bit of my background to you.......

For the past three years I have had the opportunity to work in a local shop. This opportunity has allowed me to hear a bunch of different things. From vans that burp 160+db to daily street beating trucks to SQ competitors cars. I have listened to and installed speakers and amps ranging from Pyramid all the way up to companies like JL and Kicker. I have also dealt with speakers and amps from several DIY companies such as Fi, Stereo Integrity, Sundown Audio, T3 Audio, Incriminator Audio, Sound Splinter and Dayton. While I have not "owned" as many brands as some others, I have more experience with a wider array of products than most people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.