Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has everybody seen Sepang Green? I just saw my first one passing by our dealership today, and let me tell you, I'm almost disappointed that I ordered Lapis Blue. I thought about ordering mine in green, but looking at the brochure and the pictures, I eventually concluded that Sepang had the potential to be a puke/pea-green color that just wouldn't look good. I didn't want to take the chance. After seeing it, however, I must say that is it extremely tasteful and none of the pictures I've seen do it justice.

So if anybody's questioning ordering the color sight-unseen, here's one vote for it.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Sepang is SWEET!

The brochure is absolutely useless in representing vehicle colors. I thought for sure I was going with either black or silver until I stopped by the dealer for my first test drive and saw a lapis blue parked out front ready to be picked up. Gorgeous! I knew right then and there that I wanted blue! Even now, going back and looking at the brochure doesn't do it any justice.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Sepang is SWEET!'

Originally posted by kyler13

The brochure is absolutely useless in representing vehicle colors.  I thought for sure I was going with either black or silver until I stopped by the dealer for my first test drive and saw a lapis blue parked out front ready to be picked up.  Gorgeous!  I knew right then and there that I wanted blue!  Even now, going back and looking at the brochure doesn't do it any justice.[/b]
Definitely agree. And you're right about the blue. My dealer had steel gray, black, yellow, silver, redfire, and lapis on the lot and after seeing them ordering the blue was obvious. It's the best looking blue I've ever seen on a car; it's such a "deep" color it almost seems like you'd be able to reach into it...

But if that Sepang had been on the lot at the time...wow, I would have had a tough choice. Light colors sure stay cleaner....

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Well, you at least can't see dirt as much on lighter colors, they still have the same amount of dirt on them. ;)

As far as the blue goes, you will see such a vibrant blue elsewhere, it's called sonic blue, and it's Ford's color. All of their cars were painted in it at the NAIAS this year. I have to admit though, it's a really sweet color.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Yeah we were going to buy black but then we saw a sepang green (or aka, silver contrail) inside the dealer. it was such a "oooh, aaah" colour my parents went against my brother and i, to get the sepang green. but eh, im happy either way. my bro wanted the 2nd hand wrx sitting outside :sarc

·
Registered
34 Posts

Well at least you have the choice of Sepang green - in Canada it doesn't even appear in the brochure or the online configuration tool. Go figure!

·
Registered
136 Posts

i agree to the fact that brochure and picture do not give a good idea of what the color will be like. to get a real impression look at the porsche brochure , they use real paint , so you can feel the paint and see the sun effect on the color. to bad for use mazda did'nt pay for that. the only way to see the real color is to go to the dealer and ask to see every color, when they get more then one! the 6 are comming in and out on the same day in canada!, i buy my v6 sonic bleu manual whit gfx on january 24 and i am still waiting to get news from my car!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Agreed - the sepang looks quite different in person than it did in the brochure. Melikes it. Alot.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Nope. Silver contrail is a real silverish color, while Sepang Green is .. well silver with a green hue. A little like a green equalent of champagne.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I saw the green on the dealer lot the other day. I think it looks like an old person's color for a car. In fact, my grandfather had an a car that was of a similar color. hmmm, I guess I understand why some ppl like it, but it is not for me.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Originally posted by JRoseGB007

The Speed Yellow is really rich on person. On camera it looks faded.[/b]
I agree, it's a lot better in person. I also thing that the black roof rails and rear-view mirrors look the best on the yellow car. I think it looks a lot more aggressive in yellow and black... like a hornet :D

·
Registered
303 Posts

Any pics??

·
Registered
146 Posts

I love the sepang green- but it doesnt come with the darker interior- otherwise I would get it. I think I am going to go silver or grey.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts