Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband saw a Sepang Green 6 last evening coming back from Grand Rapids. Woman driving it. No sport package, Illinois plate.

I have yet to see it in person.

Doesn't m2mazda6 have the Sepang? You're in my town, right? Where can I see your car some day so I can get a look at that color??? :)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Reading Topic: Sepang Green

i also saw one at the dealer....didn't care too much for it....never seen one with a sports package on it....

-yasir

·
Registered
186 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Sepang Green'

I saw one at a local dealership. It's a 6i w/o sport package. Originally I thought sepang green is the same as "silver contrail", but it seemed that it is actually more green. A great color in my opinion, although I prefer silver contrail.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I saw one at the dealership in West Palm Beach, FL. It's not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Originally posted by mazdamarla

My husband saw a Sepang Green 6 last evening coming back from Grand Rapids. Woman driving it. No sport package, Illinois plate.  

I have yet to see it in person.  

Doesn't m2mazda6 have the Sepang? You're in my town, right?  Where can I see your car some day so I can get a look at that color??? :)  [/b]
Mazdamarla
YES I have the Sepang Green and LOVE the color get lots of compliments on it
I live on north side Nautical Nook Condo's your welcome to come and take a look send me a pm and we can get together sometime
Larry

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

My salesman told me he'd almost consider turning a customer away if he/she dared ask him to order one. He didn't want such a creature on his lot.

Maybe one of the new 2004 colors will be something along the lines of purple with polkadots.

I bet the one who mixed the sepang green was fired from Mazda recently...

Note to MODS - mebbe it's time we start a Sepang Green heading - for sightings and near sightings. It'll be like a UFO forum ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts

I go with you sepang, the Sepang is far and few between I'm the only one in Holland Mi. with one my dealer told me he ordered some but can"t get them yet, I told him he can't get them for I want to be the only one with one :D
If you haven't seen one dont't knock it :p
But all n all I think it's neet wouldn't trade it for another color

·
Registered
683 Posts

not the best pic, the fence was totally screwing with my autofocus... but it does have the sports package on it

·
Registered
526 Posts

I've seen on with the sport package in person on a dealer lot. It is nice, but other colors look better. It's an elegant color, but to me looks somewhat out of place on this car.

It's most definitely green - but the metallic is very much like that of the silver - more of a 'creamy' metallic, if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

One of the few Green cars I actually liked. It doesnt scream GREEN at you...actually I think Ruefus nailed it with his description. Only one I saw was at the gas station filling up, illinios plates, think it was the same car mazdamarla? I'd say it was another FIP on the way to the summer home, but it was an older couple, and they were checking out my car too.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I have a one week old Sepang Green, 6-s, with the Appearance pkg., Sport Grill, and Wing. I live in Las Vegas and I have already had more than 20 people stop me and compliment me on the color.

·
Registered
440 Posts

Our dealer had/has a Sepang Green 6s with the sport package. They had a Red one too. We considered the green, as it does look pretty good, but Lapis Blue stole our hearts. :love

·
Registered
26 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Sepang Green

I've seen one Sepang Green 6i at a dealership. If I remember right it had the appearance package and sport grille. I think it's a classy color, reminds me of somthing you might see on an Acura TL or Lexus LS.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I am getting a 6s in this color with moon roof, spoiler, fog lights ...just to name a few extras. And I'm in my early 20s..

I had a really tough time picking out a color for this car, because I noticed that the car looks so different when it's a little dirty vs sparkling clean. Particular angles of the car look better under certain lighting too..but that's just my opinion.
Another problem is that the four dealerships I've been to all had the same problem: each one had over 30 of em (on average) because they're not selling very well down here. My guess is that their lack of sales is the reason why they don't wash them frequently enough to show off their colors.

At any rate, when I went to look at the Mazda 6 for the very first time, I saw the Sepang Greens, and none of them were cleaned. I was thinking, "damn..what a disgusting color that is for this car."

This all changed when I saw one in the show room last week that was fully loaded, sitting directly under bright light, and it looked frigging stunning. Outside there was a freshly washed one that was reflective as hell, and that's when I knew this was definitely one of the colors I was going to consider buying. The sharpness of the light green hitting the silver is barely visible when the car isn't clean (that's a downside); and I noticed that the color appears to be look like a darker green than it actually is in photos and brochures. Could this be why people overlook this color?

Most of the other colors weren't reflective/glossy enough for me, especially the reds and blues I've seen.

It came down to Steel Gray and Sepang Green, and I chose the later.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts