Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AARGH! :irate: Missed you guys by 2 minutes! By the time I u-turned in the lot, you were gone and I had no idea how to get to Cypress since I've never been by myself. For once, the Queen of Being Unfashionably Early gets to the meeting place 15 mins. late and it costs me. Oh well, hopefully someone can post pics soon; the caravan looked good from my rearview mirror! :D

It was a GORGEOUS day for a drive. I ended up on going for drives to SFU, then to Burnaby Mountain and having dinner at Horizon's.

Perhaps next time when I say that I'm going, maybe someone patient enough can wait just a little while longer. :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Don't worry I missed too. There's always next year. Well at least I did the drive up Cypress and it was a great drive. I was going 120kmh up the mountain :drive: and the scenery was great too.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Damn, you saw us too?!?! I didn't remember seeing a red 6 though. Too bad, sorry, next time then. Would have been great to have a couple more people. There were 2 glacier silvers (hillmar and me), 2 steel greys (zoomzoomfan and bczoomer), a blazing copper (m6invan), and a cherry mica (helmz), would have been cool to have a red one and a Speed 6 as well.

We were doing close to 140 km/h up Cypress at certain straight sections, there were pretty much no cars.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hi guys. Really nice meeting you all again, and a special warm welcome to our new members (BCZoomer and Helmz).

I'll get some pics posted up tomorrow. Just got in the door just now and am too tired.

Hugz... really sorry to have missed you. We'll plan another meet soon for sure. Maybe by then I'll have another mod to show off (been in a modding hiatus of sorts lately).

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Oh crap... sorry we missed you. :( :( :(

Lets do another meet/drive soon before the weather craps out.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
As promised... pics:

The gang leaving IKEA (Awong124's car in plain view... the rest behind him):

En-route to Cypress (m6inVan and Helmz):

As Helmz said in quite an understated fashion, the drive up to Cypress was quite "spirited". Here are some pics I took at Cypress once our engines had a chance to cool down a bit.

(In order from nearest to furthest - BCZoomer, m6InVan, hillmar, Awong124, zoomzoomfan, Helmz):

(In order from nearest to furthest - Helmz, zoomzoomfan, Awong124, hillmar, m6InVan, BCZoomer):

Can you spot the sharkfins?

The HID club (From the left - Helmz, zoomzoomfan, Awong124, hillmar):

m6inVan's intake (such a clean engine bay):

The gang departing Cypress (hillmar's car is the nearest one... eurotails looking sweet hillmar):

30 km/h in the corners?? Bah!! 3rd gear and 80 km/h thank you very much:

View of YVR city below:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
wow driving and mannning the camera... skillz.. lol

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah good meet guys!! Good talks at boston pizza too!! And Haroon that some mad camera skills you got while you driving!!! :drive:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
ahh...too bad I couldn't make it. Looked like such a fun drive!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Awww shucks guys, thanks for the complements... but all it takes to have these so-called "skillz" is to be COMPLETELY NUTS (i.e. drive on a winding mountain road at high speeds with one hand doing the driving and one hand manning the camera).

Anyone in their wrong mind can do it. :)

Anyways... here are some more pics:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
WOW....looks like you guys had a blast. judging by the rubber in the parking lot ;)

I'd love to climb a mounting with my car....maybe next year :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing, zoomzoomfan! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
AARGH! :irate: Missed you guys by 2 minutes! By the time I u-turned in the lot, you were gone and I had no idea how to get to Cypress since I've never been by myself. For once, the Queen of Being Unfashionably Early gets to the meeting place 15 mins. late and it costs me. Oh well, hopefully someone can post pics soon; the caravan looked good from my rearview mirror! :D

It was a GORGEOUS day for a drive. I ended up on going for drives to SFU, then to Burnaby Mountain and having dinner at Horizon's.

Perhaps next time when I say that I'm going, maybe someone patient enough can wait just a little while longer. :D
[/b]

Red 6 with a passenger? I saw you, I was wondering if you would catch up.. I jus thought it was a coincidence seing a SHINY 6 on the road.

We just went straigh for the freeway. Sorry we got antsy.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sound like you guys had a great time, and the weather was perfect too! Oh well, next time. I'm able to walk around abit now, as the swellling in my knee has gone down a bit. I'll be back driving my car again real soon!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm sorry to have missed it too, but my Dad brought down his new puppy and I couldn't deprive my 5 year old of playing with a puppy all day.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was at the lookout when you all cam down around the bend, Ashley wanted a photo of the View. Lot's of high revs coming down... It lookd sweet.. wish I had waited and pulled out with the rest of you...

That sounds bad...... I never pull out.....:p

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was at the lookout when you all cam down around the bend, Ashley wanted a photo of the View. Lot's of high revs coming down... It lookd sweet.. wish I had waited and pulled out with the rest of you...

That sounds bad...... I never pull out..... :p [/b]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Red 6 with a passenger? I saw you, I was wondering if you would catch up.. I jus thought it was a coincidence seing a SHINY 6 on the road.
We just went straigh for the freeway. Sorry we got antsy.
[/b]
Shiny, eh? :laugh: Not quite. For some stupid reason, I thought the meet was at 5, so I was going to fill up gas and then quickly wash my car. After I realized my mistake I left my house without doing either, but still missed y'all. The last meet I went to, we all stood around freezing our arses off for about an hour before we finally decided on a driving route, so I had thought it'd be ok to be 15 min. late.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts