Mazda 6 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dark, We don't split our salaries....this car is her personal car and it is her personal choice. It is what SHE wanted and my high end influence does not appeal to her....it's that simple. Stay young, it's better!

·
Registered
274 Posts
MaxCarnage and Aviboy97, OK, a couple of things: First, this Ford Titanium is my wife's car. Second, she WAS a Ford customer from 2006-09 with the original Ford Fusion BUT Mazda won her over in Fall 2009 hence the 2010 Mazda 6 iTouring Plus she just relinquished. Third, is I know all about performance as I drive a 2011 BMW M3 and have always driven German. I do understand about supply and demand, that is why I can afford to drive a $82,000.00 M3 Cabriolet (hardtop)! Aviboy97, perhaps you should school MapleShade (NJ) Mazda as how to retain a 3x customer? So supply and demand did not work for them since, as I stated previously the lease duration was already extended, the 60/60 is for powertrain only, that's not enough to keep the car as there is plenty of $ exposure even with a powertrain warranty. Mazda will be fine without us, but it is sad. It was NOT our first choice, but Titanium won by default.
I don't know why you are posting about performance when I wasn't even talking about that. But in that respect even w/o the turbo I like the Mazda6 better. It might not be better in a straight line, but I very much doubt the soft and floaty Fusion will do well in the corners vs the much more nimble Mazda6. What I was talking about was longevity and I do not think a Ford Fusion will outlast a Mazda6. Just personal preference, but after owning several Japanese cars I have come to trust them more so than the USDM competition. Oh and just because you can buy a "fast" car like a M3 doesn't necessarily mean you know anything about performance. I can buy a fast car off of magazine reviews too, but I can also put forth my time and money to modify and really get into performance.

P.S. The Fusion recalls you cite do not affect our Titanium model. The Ford recall was for the 1.6L (ours is the 2.0 EcoBoost turbo) and the headlamps were not cured properly on the first 20k production units, again not involving our VIN.
I was citing problems with the Ford Fusion that have already happened since its release. Didn't say it effected your model I was just saying that is NOT something I like to see when I am looking for a car.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Aviboy97, perhaps you should school MapleShade (NJ) Mazda as how to retain a 3x customer? So supply and demand did not work for them since, as I stated previously the lease duration was already extended, the 60/60 is for powertrain only, that's not enough to keep the car as there is plenty of $ exposure even with a powertrain warranty. Mazda will be fine without us, but it is sad. It was NOT our first choice, but Titanium won by default.
I won't get into how people should or shouldn't run their dealership. It's their business, not mine.

There is a lease on the Mazda6 right now that is pretty good. I'm surprised they did not know there was a lease program out. It's pretty good, all things considered. It's not $344, but still decent. Remember, leases are used to move inventory. The more inventory there is, the better the lease, usually.

Personally, I care more about the power train warranty that I do the basic warranty. But, to each their own.

Again, if you are happy with the vehicle you decided to go with, that's all that should matter. I'm sure once your lease is up, you can start the process again. Maybe some new hot product is out there in 3 years!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys. Just be thankful you do not live in Australia (floods and fire not included). Check out the prices for a 6 on the Aust site. Mazda Australia Zoom-Zoom - Mazda6 Pricing Includes
Import duty 10%, and higher transport, utilities, wages to give us an invoice price on the Touring approx $34000, add GST10%, gives us Recommended Retail $37500, add stamp duty on the touring $1200, Registrtation $560 approx. Then add dealer delivery. Drive away price $41201. Not even the highest spec model. And our dollar is on a parity with yours. They do say we are one of the highest taxed countries in the world!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Offered invoice from a local dealer! Going to take it as soon as they get in the color I want!
Dark, you have to let us know when you get it. What color are you holding out for? We ended up with the meteor grey mica which is the same color as our CX5. We are now the Meteor Grey Mazda family on our street.:lol:

I wonder who is going to get theirs first? You or Max?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dark, you have to let us know when you get it. What color are you holding out for? We ended up with the meteor grey mica which is the same color as our CX5. We are now the Meteor Grey Mazda family on our street.:lol:

I could have had a Meteor Grey/Gray (Sp?, lol) GT for invoice but I didn't need/want the extras over a Touring w/tech. Plus I really want black :) My dealer said 6 weeks, so we shall see. He also said if another Touring w/tech pops up in either one of my colors I would accept (Black, Silver, White) then he would let me know and I could get the car faster. But I will most likely hold out for the black on black :) I will post pics of it asap when I get it and update with driving and owner info as I drive it, and nicer pics as the weather gets better, lol.

Congrats Dark! Glad you got invoice!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Black, silver, and white are the only colors for me too. Silver and white actually, black would be a distant third. Based on pics I am leaning toward silver but I really want the white to wow me. Always wanted a white sports sedan but damn the silver looks amazing in the pictures.

·
Registered
334 Posts

I believe your CX-5 is Metropolitan Gray. Meteor Gray is new for 2014. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Thanks! I do hate waiting, but it's worth it for exactly what I want. I'm holding out I think for Blue Reflex Mica, though I may be enticed by the red or meteor grey.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure if you guys have ever tried out the site Used Cars, New Cars, Reviews, Photos and Opinions - CarGurus, but they have a black 2014 Touring edition listed for $20,850. They list Touring, and pic shows a touring. Complete with standard 19s. Not sure if it is a pre owned car as mileage is not listed, but I did search used. Should have checked dealer name, which I didn't, but do know it was in Plainfield Ct. Could have been false ad, but thought one of you may want to check. I am not in the market for another year, otherwise I would have been all over it. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer has a Blue Reflex Mica and I am not impressed. I also was not impressed with the black and that's surprising to me considering I wanted in in black until I saw it. I feel like it really does not accentuate the great lines on the car. Honestly, the silver is the winner in my book. I never thought that would be the case but this car looks phenomenal in the silver.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I've seen the advertising the Touring w/o Tech and the GT with $1500 off sticker. I'm hoping that will go down, and also want to see what resale looks like before I plunk down anything.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've seen the advertising the Touring w/o Tech and the GT with $1500 off sticker. I'm hoping that will go down, and also want to see what resale looks like before I plunk down anything.
If you are saying $1500 off MSRP then that's invoice pricing and I wouldn't expect better than that for awhile. However, if the car you are referring to is above MSRP and has "regional markup" then it's not a good deal.

Again right now invoice pricing is the best you are going to see, especially when the car is a new design and hasn't been out for long at all. Lots of dealers will insist on MSRP or above. My advice test drive the car, make sure it's what YOU want and jump on invoice pricing if you can find it.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
If you are saying $1500 off MSRP then that's invoice pricing and I wouldn't expect better than that for awhile. However, if the car you are referring to is above MSRP and has "regional markup" then it's not a good deal.

Again right now invoice pricing is the best you are going to see, especially when the car is a new design and hasn't been out for long at all. Lots of dealers will insist on MSRP or above. My advice test drive the car, make sure it's what YOU want and jump on invoice pricing if you can find it.
I can get S plan pricing, which is about the same as invoice.

Also, I've only had my car for 2 years. I love the 6, but I don't know if I'm ready to get rid of my TSX just yet. The 6 is nice, but the dealer experience may be nowhere near Acura's (and that's understandable). I do want to test drive one though, definitely.

61 - 80 of 974 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.