Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Attention: DARK, I too share your feelings on the Mazda6 MSRP, too high. I WAS a 3x Mazda owner and have been trying to do a deal with my dealer MapleShade Mazda, Maple Shade NJ for a while, with NO luck. My current lease was up last December and they have been string me along, have no lease deals, inventory or can tell me allocations. I was told by the Turnersville location Jason Jordan that its MSRP or nothing and the lease payments for a 39 month lease with cash down and the $1,000.00 owner rebate my payments would be $401.00 per month. That is robbery! So you know what happened? I just took delivery of a $34,000.00 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium and I love it! It has a 240hp turbo, lots of technology, 19" wheels, LCD dash and SONY infotainment 12 speaker sound, its loaded. I put 1k cash down and with Ford rebates, my payment for a 36 month term is $344.00 including 7% NJ/SST with 12k mileage and they threw in the $495.00 wheel and tire warranty too! I am sorry that Mazda lost my business, but Mazda seems not to care. I contacted Pacifico Mazda in Philly PA, Crystal Auto Mall in NJ, and they ALL demand MSRP. I name names so the Forum is aware. Good luck to you all trying to secure an affordable lease with the 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring, as I could not and went American. Lastly as a bonus, my Allstate insurance premium was lowered by $350.00 per year because it is an "American" car, and scored safer in the underwriter ratings!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Attention: DARK, I too share your feelings on the Mazda6 MSRP, too high. I WAS a 3x Mazda owner and have been trying to do a deal with my dealer MapleShade Mazda, Maple Shade NJ for a while, with NO luck. My current lease was up last December and they have been string me along, have no lease deals, inventory or can tell me allocations. I was told by the Turnersville location Jason Jordan that its MSRP or nothing and the lease payments for a 39 month lease with cash down and the $1,000.00 owner rebate my payments would be $401.00 per month. That is robbery! So you know what happened? I just took delivery of a $34,000.00 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium and I love it! It has a 240hp turbo, lots of technology, 19" wheels, LCD dash and SONY infotainment 12 speaker sound, its loaded. I put 1k cash down and with Ford rebates, my payment for a 36 month term is $344.00 including 7% NJ/SST with 12k mileage and they threw in the $495.00 wheel and tire warranty too! I am sorry that Mazda lost my business, but Mazda seems not to care. I contacted Pacifico Mazda in Philly PA, Crystal Auto Mall in NJ, and they ALL demand MSRP. I name names so the Forum is aware. Good luck to you all trying to secure an affordable lease with the 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring, as I could not and went American. Lastly as a bonus, my Allstate insurance premium was lowered by $350.00 per year because it is an "American" car, and scored safer in the underwriter ratings!!!!
Glad you found what you want. I'm getting my Mazda 6 for invoice and I know I could have saved another 1k going for a Fusion SE 2.0T. However, after driving them both IMO the Mazda is the better choice. While the turbo in the Ford was nice I prefer the mpg of the Mazda 6 and the power levels are perfect for my needs. I'm suprised your insurance lowered because it was American. If anything usually turbos increase insurance. The Fusion felt really floaty and front heavy. The Mazda by far is a much more drivers car and feels a lot more connected to the road. The Fusion again feels too soft and I see the turbo in the snow/ice causing issues with traction and the ride being so soft I can't feel the road. The my ford touch wasn't put together all that well cuz I had to go threw a few screens to change the heat level of the seats. I also didn't care for the gauge cluster either. I hope you enjoy your Fusion, cuz I will definitely enjoy my Mazda6 :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
MaxCarnage, you are correct in that turbos generally increase auto insurance premiums. My daughter's 2010 Mazda Speed3 is very expensive to insure although she is 22 years old and costs $2,300.00 per year. With my new Ford Fusion Titanium 2.0 Turbo, my premium was reduced due to safety features and my Allstate agent said it was also because the car is "American" made. Did not really question it because it was lowered. Saving $350.00 annually on the ins. premium actually pays for 3 lease payments in my 36 month lease term. Thanks again for your comments and drive safely. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I just posted as I went with the 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium and my 36 month lease payment is $321.00! I could not pass on that offer because my Mazda dealership was jerking me around since my 2010 M6 lease expired 12/18/12. I love the Titanium's technology and for a 34k sticker, 321.00 a month is a deal and a steal. The residual is 61% with 12k per year. I only put 1k down and it even includes the wheel and tire insurance because these wheels are 19" and cost $799.00 to replace!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I too am torn between the 2013 Fusion and the 2014 Mazda6. When the same options are choosen the Fusion is the better deal and the option of AWD is very enticing as I live in Canada. But after driving both I perfered the Mazda. If I decide to get a base model car it will be the Mazda but if i spend more money then a 2.0T Fusion will be the car I choose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The decision was easier because of the Titanium Trim level. We did not care for the S or SE. The 240hp is a nice change from our previous M6 4 cylinder which revved so high. We would have preferred the AWD Titanium, but that was another 2k. Since we live in South New Jersey, we are at sea level with no bad weather elevation to worry about, therefore FWD is adequate. Good luck my North of The Border friend!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aviboy97, Are you a Ford or Mazda dealer? Honesty is the best policy so here is my answer: $33,380.00 including delivery. Conquest rebate was 1k, plus Philly auto show $500 plus $250 from I don't know what and my 1k cash payment. This process taught me that Ford is heavily subsidizing their vehicles, but I don't care. The Titanium residual is 61% vs. Mazda (well they can't even tell you yet because no lease programs are announced) maybe 55% at best. My 3x customer Mazda Maple Shade Mazda, although very nice, just jammed MSRP and a hi lease payment estimate of at least $401.00 per month at me no matter how I plead as a multiple time Mazda customer. That strategy backfired so I began to look around and they lost my business. And, I can't/couldn't wait any longer as my Mazda is/was out of the 36 month warranty in a 39 months lease, which I already extended 2x with Chase/Mazda capital. This deal started to go backwards. The Titanium is for a 36 month lease term, with 12k and bumper to bumper. Annoying point: Why does Mazda shove 39 month leases to a customer, yet only offer 36 month or 36k warranties? I'm happy with my decision and I do appreciate the kind and polite Mazda comments, because my heart was with Mazda, but in my precise circumstances and time line, it just did not work any longer.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Aviboy97, Are you a Ford or Mazda dealer? Honesty is the best policy so here is my answer: $33,380.00 including delivery. Conquest rebate was 1k, plus Philly auto show $500 plus $250 from I don't know what and my 1k cash payment. This process taught me that Ford is heavily subsidizing their vehicles, but I don't care. The Titanium residual is 61% vs. Mazda (well they can't even tell you yet because no lease programs are announced) maybe 55% at best. My 3x customer Mazda Maple Shade Mazda, although very nice, just jammed MSRP and a hi lease payment estimate of at least $401.00 per month at me no matter how I plead as a multiple time Mazda customer. That strategy backfired so I began to look around and they lost my business. And, I can't/couldn't wait any longer as my Mazda is/was out of the 36 month warranty in a 39 months lease, which I already extended 2x with Chase/Mazda capital. This deal started to go backwards. The Titanium is for a 36 month lease term, with 12k and bumper to bumper. Annoying point: Why does Mazda shove 39 month leases to a customer, yet only offer 36 month or 36k warranties? I'm happy with my decision and I do appreciate the kind and polite Mazda comments, because my heart was with Mazda, but in my precise circumstances and time line, it just did not work any longer.
1.) Mazda dealer

2.) Mazda does not "shove" 39 month leases on anyone. Your dealer chose to sell you on the 39 month lease. Each and every month, Mazda offers a 24 mo, 36 mo, 42 mo and 48 mo lease.

In regards to warranty, the power train is 60 mo-60,000 miles. The 36/36 is the basic warranty.

From a Ford perspective, their steep discounts and rebates just show that the MSRP is vastly over inflated. I have no issue with anyone with a desirable product asking for MSRP considering there is really no inventory available. Supply v demand, remember? It's the American way. We are a Capitalist society.

Happy to hear you like the Fusion! All that matters is that you are happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
274 Posts
1.) Mazda dealer

2.) Mazda does not "shove" 39 month leases on anyone. Your dealer chose to sell you on the 39 month lease. Each and every month, Mazda offers a 24 mo, 36 mo, 42 mo and 48 mo lease.

In regards to warranty, the power train is 60 mo-60,000 miles. The 36/36 is the basic warranty.

From a Ford perspective, their steep discounts and rebates just show that the MSRP is vastly over inflated. I have no issue with anyone with a desirable product asking for MSRP considering there is really no inventory available. Supply v demand, remember? It's the American way. We are a Capitalist society.

Happy to hear you like the Fusion! All that matters is that you are happy with your purchase.
I agree completely. The 2013 Fusion has been out for a few months vs the 2014 Mazda 6 just barely reaching dealers right now. When I went to two Ford dealerships they had at least 10 each of them sitting on there lots. Again as I've said before I was able to snag 3k in discounts from a purchasing standpoint vs the 1.3k I am getting from Mazda. IMO opinion after driving both the Mazda is the better car FOR ME and I also think it will outshine the Fusion especially when the diesel arrives. Not that any car is perfect but in the few months the Fusion has been out it has had at least 2 recalls that I noticed. 1: Fire hazard issue with the 1.6T engine 2: Faulty headlights. Now I am purchasing the car so I am looking for longevity and a car that will go 200k+ miles w/o major work and as happy as I am to be an American I do not have faith in our domestic cars that this Fusion for example will outperform in the longevity department. Plus I think the Mazda6 will be more fun to drive :)

While ExMazdaOwner3x most likely won't need the Fusion for 200k+ miles because you are leasing and by then most likely will be into something else. Hopefully the Fusion turns out to be a good car, but as far as first impressions go again Mazda6 all the way! That is after testing a Legacy, Accord, Fusion, and Mazda6. Good things about them all, but Mazda6 imo is the overall winner and I see it doing very well! Btw Mazda isn't the only one that is being difficult with sticking with the MSRP. I also test drove a 2013 Impreza Sport (compact class, not mid size) and since Subaru is at something like 240% sales for them they sell them at MSRP or very close to it. That saying "You get what you pay for" I believe applies to the Fusion vs the Mazda6 and I'd gladly even pay MSRP for that piece of mind I got the right car for me :) Hopefully in the future Mazda can win back previous owners like ExMazdaOwner3x, but if they are doing very well and have high quality cars they aren't going to just give them away :) I also look forward to being a little more unique unlike all the Camrys, Accords, and Fusions I see everywhere!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I wanted to note that even though I am getting a Touring w/tech I was offered invoice for a GT. It wasn't on paper (although I'm sure I could get it).

Price:
$28,644 GT (Included FOW/Radar CC)

The Touring w/tech is plenty for me and I didn't want to pay the extra 3k to upgrade to the GT because it was out of my budget and included things that weren't necessary to me. However, that is a discount that I wanted to throw out for you guys wanting a GT and a price you can try and get. Again didn't get it on paper but the salesman was wanting to sell me the Gray GT they just got in for that as per a phone call he gave me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I wanted to note that even though I am getting a Touring w/tech I was offered invoice for a GT. It wasn't on paper (although I'm sure I could get it).

Price:
$28,644 GT (Included FOW/Radar CC)

The Touring w/tech is plenty for me and I didn't want to pay the extra 3k to upgrade to the GT because it was out of my budget and included things that weren't necessary to me. However, that is a discount that I wanted to throw out for you guys wanting a GT and a price you can try and get. Again didn't get it on paper but the salesman was wanting to sell me the Gray GT they just got in for that as per a phone call he gave me.
That is a couple bucks less than I paid for my fully loaded (EVERY option except the cheesy chrome gas cap/accents and the MD player) 6S back in 2003. Not bad for a 2014 model that is so much a better car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
MaxCarnage and Aviboy97, OK, a couple of things: First, this Ford Titanium is my wife's car. Second, she WAS a Ford customer from 2006-09 with the original Ford Fusion BUT Mazda won her over in Fall 2009 hence the 2010 Mazda 6 iTouring Plus she just relinquished. Third, is I know all about performance as I drive a 2011 BMW M3 and have always driven German. I do understand about supply and demand, that is why I can afford to drive a $82,000.00 M3 Cabriolet (hardtop)! Aviboy97, perhaps you should school MapleShade (NJ) Mazda as how to retain a 3x customer? So supply and demand did not work for them since, as I stated previously the lease duration was already extended, the 60/60 is for powertrain only, that's not enough to keep the car as there is plenty of $ exposure even with a powertrain warranty. Mazda will be fine without us, but it is sad. It was NOT our first choice, but Titanium won by default.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Offered invoice from a local dealer! Going to take it as soon as they get in the color I want!

On a side note: The Fusion is NOT a better deal unless you can afford the top trim level. If you're going for the Touring + Tech in Mazda, in order to get the same features in the ford you have to spend like 33K+ on the Titanium. You don't even get push button start/stop or keyless entry until you buy the titanium level!

ExMazdaowner...does your wife not want a nice car too? You drive an 83,000 dollar car but she gets a Fusion?

·
Registered
13 Posts
P.S. The Fusion recalls you cite do not affect our Titanium model. The Ford recall was for the 1.6L (ours is the 2.0 EcoBoost turbo) and the headlamps were not cured properly on the first 20k production units, again not involving our VIN.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aviboy97, As a Mazda dealer this is directed to you: The iTouring Plus had a moonroof for $24,400.00 in 2010 dollars. Now in 2014, Mazda has no moonroof option UNLESS you get the GT! That is a classic Japanese mistake....pinching pennies when they don't understand the American market. American's want moonroofs even at the low/mid trim levels. And, before you talk to me about performance and the lack thereof, with added weight of a moonroof, please don't.....

41 - 60 of 974 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.