Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I put money down on 2014 sport 6 speed in BRM that is coming in four weeks, got 500 over invoice plus fog lights. Have 2009 Mazda 6 touring 6 speed with 91,000 miles, no issues , going to keep it, it has been a great car:).
I ordered a 2014 Sport 6-speed in BRM too here in Florida. I was told 6 weeks.
Don't ask me how much it was because I was too excited. I was like just take my down payment and order me one!! after test drive haha.
All I know I got $1000 loyalty bonus ( I own a 1989 MX6 :p) and my dealer told me I got it below dealer cost what ever that means lol. He was able to add fogs and dimming rearview mirror. The lip spoiler was not available at the time.
The dealer was excited too because the new Mazda6 were coming. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm just going to email a few of my local dealers holding firm on a bottom line price of $26,000. Whoever does it for that price gets my business - I won't go over it. Looking for Touring with Technology package I think..I will take red, blue reflex, or the slate color I think.

They'd still be profiting since Invoice is $25.6 for that..
I'm getting my touring w/tech at 25.9k. It didn't take long to get what I wanted and I went in person. Mainly cuz I wanted to see and drive the car. I had my choice of trim/color options at invoice from this dealer. Of course it might have taken longer for certain combos but they were willing to dealer trade to get my car if needed. Stick firm with what you want cuz I personally know it pays off, literally, lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
$27,100 on a CX-5 GT??? With or without tech? That is almost $1,000 BELOW invoice without tech. Now, either you are bullshitting all of us, or you happened to get very (and I mean VERY) luck TWICE. Back in August, there was a world-wide shortage of GT CX-5's. Many dealers did not have a single unit for almost 45 days. There was a 19" alloy wheel shortage which lead to the factory only building about 15% of total vehicles in GT form.
I do appologize. I just checked my invoice. First off, we got the car (CX5) in September and not August and the price wasn't $27,100, it was $27,900 but that was WITH the tech package:). The best price after negotiations was originally several hundered dollars above that but my wife kept saying it wasn't good enough. We were in there for hours and I was actually getting mad at her thinking these guys are going to kick us out of here. People think that women are pushovers when it comes to sales. I think sometimes it is just the opposite. The dealer had about 30+ CX5s on the lot with several Grand Tourings. I just checked the prices they advertise on the internet and they are now asking $26,100 for the GT (w/o tech). I am sure this includes the current incentives. I also think prices are lower down here in Florida for some reason.

As for real world gas mileage on the 6, we are getting anywhere from 30-40 mpg. If I am going 55 on a straight road with no stops, I can get it pegged steady at 44. So, yeah, the Mazda 6 gets awesome gas mileage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
^I think he means the instant mpg on the highway at 55 mph is 44.

Yes that is correct. Since I haven't had an entire trip where I was driving 50-55 on a straight road with no stops, I haven't gotten that number as the average.

What I mean is that at one point I was driving a straight road for about 5 miles and looking at the current (instant) MPG it was steady at 44.

Also, driving back and forth to work I was getting about 32. I will know much more when I get more highway experience.

BTW, I notice with the CX5 that the MPG drops significantly from 34-35MPG (at 55 MPH) when you get over 65 MPH (30 MPG) and at 80 MPH it can get as low as 27 MPG. I have not seen this reported as much and I think it might be the extra 2" clearance you have with the GT vs the Touring. As more flow goes underneath the carriage, it may actually push up on the car as well as creating more drag. Of course this all changes if you are drafting behind another SUV (unfortunately that is very difficult to keep up).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good to see another 6 speed ! It's getting more and more rare these days.
Second generation had a great manual feel. Though a little underpowered, the stick
action more than made up for it. Hope Skyactiv will be as good or better.

·
Administrator
18,610 Posts
Kinda off topic but I can't find the info anywhere:

I've been trying to find out how much the spoiler and fogs are as separate accessories. I'm looking at ordering my car this weekend and was going to get the Touring. MazdaUSA says that the spoiler and fogs are "accessories" but there's no pricing anywhere.

Anyone have numbers for those because I want to know if I should even bother asking or if they'll be too much for my budget.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kinda off topic but I can't find the info anywhere:

I've been trying to find out how much the spoiler and fogs are as separate accessories. I'm looking at ordering my car this weekend and was going to get the Touring. MazdaUSA says that the spoiler and fogs are "accessories" but there's no pricing anywhere.

Anyone have numbers for those because I want to know if I should even bother asking or if they'll be too much for my budget.
Go for the fogs when you order yours. Don't think about it. Just do it lol. The spoiler is a bolt-on. Anyone can do it.
Accessories are under shopping tools at mazdausa.com
Hope it helps.

Reactions: Byakuya

·
Administrator
18,610 Posts
Go for the fogs when you order yours. Don't think about it. Just do it lol. The spoiler is a bolt-on. Anyone can do it.
Accessories are under shopping tools at mazdausa.com
Hope it helps.
Wow didn't even see that section, thanks.

And I'm only hesitant about the spoiler because that requires drilling holes into my car and I don't trust myself enough for that haha.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
  • Remote Engine Start

$460
    $575

• Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Homelink & Compass
    info
    $236
    $295

• Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass
    info
    $156
    $195

• Carpeted Trunk Mat

$60
    $75

• Door Sill Trim Plates

$100
    $125

• Cargo Net
    info
    $40
    $50

• All-Weather Floor Mats

$100
    $125

• Snowflake White Pearl Mica Paint Charge
    info
    $173
    $200

• Clear Film Rear Bumper Top Protection

$60
    $75

• Clear Film Front Paint Protection Package
    info
    $476
    $595

• Rear Spoiler
    info
    $280
    $350

• Wheel Locks

$44
    $55

• Rear Bumper Guard
    info
    $96
    $120

• Soul Red Metallic Paint Charge
    info
    $259
    $300

• Fog Lights

$296
    $370

• Rear Parking Sensors

$380
    $475

·
Registered
2 Posts
But, how did "chomlee" get his for 2000 below msrp? Plus he got an additional 1000 off for loyalty and captive finance. maybe his wife should be negotiating all our deals for us? Still jealous of his deal...

My local dealer won't budge from msrp.

Considering 25.6k is invoice and fogs are $370 MSRP I'd say go for it. That's slightly less than I'm paying.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
But, how did "chomlee" get his for 2000 below msrp? Plus he got an additional 1000 off for loyalty and captive finance. maybe his wife should be negotiating all our deals for us? Still jealous of his deal...

If your local dealer won't budge, call further away ones, including nearby states. Somewhere, someone will be willing to come down in price. Once they do, ask your local dealer to match it. They stick to MSRP because they think if they refuse to come down that you'll cave - if you show that someone will happily take your business cheaper, they will likely match. That's what happened with me.

·
Registered
274 Posts

Since Avidboy is a high up in the Mazda chain I would believe what he says. Not saying Chomlee didn't get that deal but he is likely a select few that will. Just like there are people paying above MSRP on the other side of the spectrum. Get a deal at invoice I'd say take it!

·
Registered
20 Posts

Well first off, what I paid (before incentives) was $25,100 which is $500 off dealer invoice. Then I got the $1000 incentive which requires you to have a current Mazda and get a loan through Mazda. Anyhow, I have noticed that south Florida is cheaper for cars for some reason and the dealer was really interested in just getting the cars out on the road so he could get more in stock. They also had some major deadline by the end of January to make their numbers. Hey for all I know, he could have had a contest with the other dealers to see who could sell the first Mazda 6.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also - got an offer for a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring with Technology package and fog lights.

Cost: $26,100

Sound good?
Besides, it sounds like you are only $600 off from my deal anyhow which is still a great deal considering like max said some people are still paying at or above msrp. We were just showing off the car to some friends of ours and when we told them the msrp, they were saying how it seemed like a very reasonable price before we got to tell them what we actually paid. I think the bottom line is that the Mazda 6 is going to be considered the biggest bang for your buck for this year's new cars even at MSRP.ll

·
Registered
43 Posts
I definitely agree that the new 6 is a good value even at MSRP. Compare the car, feature to feature, with the Fusion SE with Technology package. Ford's tech package doesn't include BLIS, rear parking sensors, leatherette. Ford forces you to go Titanium to get the premium stereo. And their base 2.5L doesn't compare to the Mazda6's Skyactiv 2.5, so you'd have to pay more for the 1.6 Turbo-engine - which is the subject of 4 recalls so far!

21 - 40 of 974 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.