Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
18,612 Posts
Hi all - new here and in love with the 2014 Mazda 6. I'm thinking of getting the Touring with Tech package, but full MSRP is just a tad too expensive for me. Unfortunately, all of the dealers around here are pushing for full MSRP. I refuse to pay that - just because others are dumb enough to line the dealer's pockets with extra cash doesn't mean I will. So it might be helpful for some of us if we post here how much we paid when we do get it, as well as posting quotes we get from dealers. I'll start:

State: NY
Model: Touring + Tech
Quote: $27,290
Dealer fees: Not sure

Hoping I can find a dealer that will go down to the 25.5-26 range. Tax is too high here for much more lol
1) Welcome to the forum!

2) I'm getting told the same price around here, 27,2XX for Touring + Tech.

3) I live in THE State for taxes, so I'm going to get railed on them.

The problem with the 2014 is that Mazda KNOWS they are going to sell them, even at full price, because everyone wants them. THe 2nd generations will have crazy deals on them since no one will want them if there's a 2014 in the lot (no offense gen 2 guys).

I find it hard to think that you'll be able to get that down into the 25 range. MAYBE mid 26 but that's about it.

·
Administrator
18,612 Posts
Kinda off topic but I can't find the info anywhere:

I've been trying to find out how much the spoiler and fogs are as separate accessories. I'm looking at ordering my car this weekend and was going to get the Touring. MazdaUSA says that the spoiler and fogs are "accessories" but there's no pricing anywhere.

Anyone have numbers for those because I want to know if I should even bother asking or if they'll be too much for my budget.

·
Administrator
18,612 Posts
Go for the fogs when you order yours. Don't think about it. Just do it lol. The spoiler is a bolt-on. Anyone can do it.
Accessories are under shopping tools at mazdausa.com
Hope it helps.
Wow didn't even see that section, thanks.

And I'm only hesitant about the spoiler because that requires drilling holes into my car and I don't trust myself enough for that haha.

·
Administrator
18,612 Posts
Looks like I'd be a dumbass to pay 33,850 out the door for one then. [fully loaded GT mazda6]

Either they drop their offered price or I'll shop elsewhere.

Does the car have any other additions to it? The GT without any extra things is MSRP $31,000-ish.

If the GT has the Adaptive Radar Cruise Control, the Remote Start, and other things added then the price can easily rise up into the $33k range.

·
Administrator
18,612 Posts
Yea - has MRCC/FOW. Do a fair amount of highway driving ...

But I didn't load up with accessories beyond that - no remote start, cargo net etc. It does have the extra charge white exterior - but that is only listed at ~$200.

I think they figure they can get MSRP or higher given supply and demand. Was handed the "out the door" price as I left the lot yesterday. Gonna call back today and have them break down that price.

Liked the car - but really don't want to start my potential ownership feeling taken advantage of.

Also took a ride in a Fusion Titanium.

Thanks for the reply, Byakuya. My brother is in Mass. Just up there over Christmas and New Years. Don't miss living with snow.
Oh okay, yeah those raise the price a little bit. Mine's the white pearl also but I sure as hell gave my dealership a rough time haha.

Yeah I'd get a full breakdown in price just to be sure. The dealerships certainly aren't budging much because Mazda has slowed distribution of the cars with that check engine light deal.

Oh nice! Where about's in MA? Haha I love the snow, we got 3" Friday night, then another 3" last night. That was after last weekend we got 30" from that winter blast - love it!

·
Administrator
18,612 Posts
How does the blue look in person? I am loving the silver but I am a blue kinda guy. No one in my area has one I can look at yet, and I do not want to order until I see one. Pics I saw online where under fluorescents, so I don't feel tat's accurate
First, welcome to the forum!

Second, honestly the blue isn't too impressive in person. I test drove a Blue GT before getting mine and it was a very bland blue. If you're looking to blend in with everyone else with a very basic color, go blue. If you want to have that nice dark shade of meteor grey, go with that.

Personally, I'd go gray all day over that blue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.