Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new here and in love with the 2014 Mazda 6. I'm thinking of getting the Touring with Tech package, but full MSRP is just a tad too expensive for me. Unfortunately, all of the dealers around here are pushing for full MSRP. I refuse to pay that - just because others are dumb enough to line the dealer's pockets with extra cash doesn't mean I will. So it might be helpful for some of us if we post here how much we paid when we do get it, as well as posting quotes we get from dealers. I'll start:

State: NY
Model: Touring + Tech
Quote: $27,290
Dealer fees: Not sure

Hoping I can find a dealer that will go down to the 25.5-26 range. Tax is too high here for much more lol

·
Super Moderator
18,305 Posts
Hi all - new here and in love with the 2014 Mazda 6. I'm thinking of getting the Touring with Tech package, but full MSRP is just a tad too expensive for me. Unfortunately, all of the dealers around here are pushing for full MSRP. I refuse to pay that - just because others are dumb enough to line the dealer's pockets with extra cash doesn't mean I will. So it might be helpful for some of us if we post here how much we paid when we do get it, as well as posting quotes we get from dealers. I'll start:

State: NY
Model: Touring + Tech
Quote: $27,290
Dealer fees: Not sure

Hoping I can find a dealer that will go down to the 25.5-26 range. Tax is too high here for much more lol
1) Welcome to the forum!

2) I'm getting told the same price around here, 27,2XX for Touring + Tech.

3) I live in THE State for taxes, so I'm going to get railed on them.

The problem with the 2014 is that Mazda KNOWS they are going to sell them, even at full price, because everyone wants them. THe 2nd generations will have crazy deals on them since no one will want them if there's a 2014 in the lot (no offense gen 2 guys).

I find it hard to think that you'll be able to get that down into the 25 range. MAYBE mid 26 but that's about it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well one guy on here got a Touring + Tech for $25,100 I saw. I'm hoping I can get at least below 26,000...I'd rather wait or go with something else (like maybe a 2013 CX-5) than pay above that. I'm thinking they'd probably give good deals on the CX-5 with the 2014 coming soon and it gets ALMOST as good gas mileage.

·
Registered
807 Posts
don't forget to check "offers & promotions" on mazdas website. Currently they offer $1000 off for Mazda owners:

EXCLUSIVE $1,000 OWNER APPRECIATION REWARD
Current Mazda owners can get a $1,000 Owner Appreciation Reward toward the purchase or lease of a new 2014 Mazda6.*
This offer is for a limited time, so visit your Mazda Dealer today.

*2014 Mazda6 Exclusive Owner Appreciation Reward provides $1,000 for current Mazda owners who purchase or lease a new 2014 Mazda6 through Mazda Capital Services. The Reward CANNOT be combined with other private offers but CAN be combined with other public purchase incentives including, but not limited to, customer cash back, lease and APR incentives/offers. Proof of eligibility and residency required. Must present dealer with a copy of current registration or title, driver's license or other proof of residency at time of purchase. The offer is transferable within the owner's household (buyer must live at the same address). The 2014 Mazda6 Exclusive Owner Appreciation Reward $1,000 has no cash value and must be applied to the purchase or lease structure as a capital cost reduction. Program period is 1/15/2013–4/1/2013. See participating dealer for complete details.

MazdaUSA > MyMazda > Offers & Promotions

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got extremely lucky. I got the Touring with Tech for $25,100 plus and additional $1,000 in incentives bringing my total to $24,100. I live in south florida and they told me I was the first in the state to have the 2014 Mazda 6. Obviously there is then tax and tag and fees ($599 dealer fee). It was very suprizing that they went down on price easily but I heard all the dealers have to meet their goals by the end of the month and January is slow for them down here.

We went to 2 dealers and the 1st dealership wouldn't let us leave and kept giving us that "what price will you pay to take this car home right now?" pitch and we just got turned off and went to the next dealer.

Normally I was hesitant about buying a car the 1st week it was out but in this case, it may have paid off.

BTW, $25,100 is right around dealer invoice and apparently they have other profits built into that on top of their dealer fee. So even at that price, they are still making money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
...I'd rather wait or go with something else (like maybe a 2013 CX-5) than pay above that. I'm thinking they'd probably give good deals on the CX-5 with the 2014 coming soon and it gets ALMOST as good gas mileage.

I would wait to see the 2014 CX5. I have the 2013 and love it but the only issue if I were to be picky would be acceleration (Skyactive 2.0L). In Florida, it is not as important since we dont have alot of hills but many times when you need to gun it from say 40 up to 75 MPH, it doesn't respond very well and typically undershifts into a low gear (high rev). I can only imagine how this would be going up a hill and trying to accelerate. If you look at the review websites, it is the main gripe they all have with the CX5. Dont get me wrong, I love the car, I just would love it alot more if it had that extra umph.

The 2014 is supposed to fix that by using the Skyactive 2.5L. This is the same engine that is in the 2014 6 and I love it. It has great power but at the same time awesome MPG.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I got extremely lucky. I got the Touring with Tech for $25,100 plus and additional $1,000 in incentives bringing my total to $24,100. I live in south florida and they told me I was the first in the state to have the 2014 Mazda 6. Obviously there is then tax and tag and fees ($599 dealer fee). It was very suprizing that they went down on price easily but I heard all the dealers have to meet their goals by the end of the month and January is slow for them down here.

We went to 2 dealers and the 1st dealership wouldn't let us leave and kept giving us that "what price will you pay to take this car home right now?" pitch and we just got turned off and went to the next dealer.

Normally I was hesitant about buying a car the 1st week it was out but in this case, it may have paid off.

BTW, $25,100 is right around dealer invoice and apparently they have other profits built into that on top of their dealer fee. So even at that price, they are still making money.
$25,635 is invoice on a Touring w/Tech. You got the car for $500 under invoice? Wow. I still sell CX-5's at full list. Have so for a year with no issue. We have sold 2 Mazda6's at MSRP too, again, no issue. I can't believe a dealer went $500 under invoice. You really did get lucky. That is not an accurate number to expect as the norm especially since dealers nationwide held MSRP on the CX-5 for so long.

Congats on your purchase. That is truly the definition of a great deal...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would wait to see the 2014 CX5. I have the 2013 and love it but the only issue if I were to be picky would be acceleration (Skyactive 2.0L). In Florida, it is not as important since we dont have alot of hills but many times when you need to gun it from say 40 up to 75 MPH, it doesn't respond very well and typically undershifts into a low gear (high rev). I can only imagine how this would be going up a hill and trying to accelerate. If you look at the review websites, it is the main gripe they all have with the CX5. Dont get me wrong, I love the car, I just would love it alot more if it had that extra umph.

The 2014 is supposed to fix that by using the Skyactive 2.5L. This is the same engine that is in the 2014 6 and I love it. It has great power but at the same time awesome MPG.
Well I'd rather have the Mazda6 than the CX-5...I would only get the CX-5 if I could get a good deal on it and not the Mazda 6. I think my best bet then would be getting a 2013 if the only main change is the engine. I know it's important for some people, but I honestly don't accelerate or go fast. I'm a pretty cautious driver, rarely if ever surpass 65mph, and I don't pass cars unless it's a granny going 30 under the speed limit and it's completely clear on the other side :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just put money down on a Jet Black Mica Mazda 6 that is coming in 6 weeks :)

2014 Mazda6 Touring w/Tech

MSRP: $27,290

Discount: $1,318.79

Total Price (Minus TTL) $25,971.21

Total Price + TTL $28,577.05 (I live in Washington state 8.9% sales tax)

*Note* I added a deck lid spoiler on the car that is NOT in this price. I kept it out to make it simple.

I was told that I was paying right close and just a little above invoice and after seeing what Avidboy posted I am about $300 above invoice and am very happy with the price. I had the issue some of you are experiencing with dealers. One dealer marked up the price $1,495 OVER MSRP. Needless to say I left there right away, lol. Another and 3rd local dealer was willing to give me invoice pricing as well, but I went with the first dealer since the cost was the same to me and they would be getting the exterior/interior color options I wanted in sooner.

I think you can find a invoice deal if you look hard enough, but I wouldn't expect to pay less than invoice just like I wouldn't expect any sane person to pay over MSRP!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just put money down on a Jet Black Mica Mazda 6 that is coming in 6 weeks :)

2014 Mazda6 Touring w/Tech

MSRP: $27,290

Discount: $1,318.79

Total Price (Minus TTL) $25,971.21

Total Price + TTL $28,577.05 (I live in Washington state 8.9% sales tax)

*Note* I added a deck lid spoiler on the car that is NOT in this price. I kept it out to make it simple.

I was told that I was paying right close and just a little above invoice and after seeing what Avidboy posted I am about $300 above invoice and am very happy with the price. I had the issue some of you are experiencing with dealers. One dealer marked up the price $1,495 OVER MSRP. Needless to say I left there right away, lol. Another and 3rd local dealer was willing to give me invoice pricing as well, but I went with the first dealer since the cost was the same to me and they would be getting the exterior/interior color options I wanted in sooner.

I think you can find a invoice deal if you look hard enough, but I wouldn't expect to pay less than invoice just like I wouldn't expect any sane person to pay over MSRP!!
You didn't hold out for a 6-speed manual!?!?!

·
Registered
274 Posts
You didn't hold out for a 6-speed manual!?!?!
No I decided not to in light of the fact that I really enjoyed driving the 6-speed auto and the fact that the Touring manual will most likely not get the tech pkg option. I know the manual will squeeze every bit of the 184hp out of the car and that's awesome but it's not a sports car. Down the road I am going to pick up a fun 6-Speed manual and that car might end up being the next gen speed3 :) But I expect my real sport car to have 300+ hp and I plan on having fun and tracking it as well. The Mazda6 will be my DD and there isn't any reason I really need to shift. I actually thought after 10 years of having a manual transmission it was very nice not to have to do it for a change :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
$25,635 is invoice on a Touring w/Tech. You got the car for $500 under invoice? Wow. I still sell CX-5's at full list. Have so for a year with no issue. We have sold 2 Mazda6's at MSRP too, again, no issue. I can't believe a dealer went $500 under invoice. You really did get lucky. That is not an accurate number to expect as the norm especially since dealers nationwide held MSRP on the CX-5 for so long.

Congats on your purchase. That is truly the definition of a great deal...

Just to clarify, we were talking about the Mazda 6 right? My price was for the Mazda 6 with tech package.

The CX5 is another story. Our other car is a CX5. We got that in August and paid 27,100 for the GT. My wife has been instrumental in all of this. She is extremely firm with the dealers and wont back down till she gets what she wants.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm in Texas and there is a large network of Mazda dealerships around Austin. My dealer got me S-plan pricing and the financing incentive. If I still had one of my old mazda's he would have gotten me the $1k loyalty discount as well.

Essentially I told them that their biggest competitor - the fusion - was already offering x-plan pricing and a $1500 rebate. The sales manager called Mazda corporate and they agreed to go for s-plan.

Reactions: ExMazdaOwner3x

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put money down on 2014 sport 6 speed in BRM that is coming in four weeks, got 500 over invoice plus fog lights. Have 2009 Mazda 6 touring 6 speed with 91,000 miles, no issues , going to keep it, it has been a great car:).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just to clarify, we were talking about the Mazda 6 right? My price was for the Mazda 6 with tech package.

The CX5 is another story. Our other car is a CX5. We got that in August and paid 27,100 for the GT. My wife has been instrumental in all of this. She is extremely firm with the dealers and wont back down till she gets what she wants.
The invoice price of the Mazda6 Touring w/tech I provided was 100% accurate, pending additional accessories or regional assessment charges.

$27,100 on a CX-5 GT??? With or without tech? That is almost $1,000 BELOW invoice without tech. Now, either you are bullshitting all of us, or you happened to get very (and I mean VERY) luck TWICE. Back in August, there was a world-wide shortage of GT CX-5's. Many dealers did not have a single unit for almost 45 days. There was a 19" alloy wheel shortage which lead to the factory only building about 15% of total vehicles in GT form.

I have been with Mazda for over a decade and I am in touch with corporate on a daily basis and have a general understanding of the national economic state of Mazda. I have not seen any such discount on the CX-5, ever, and that includes deals offered by the dealer body #1 volume seller in the country, of whom I compete with. Not even they whore cars out for that, and they are known as the biggest discount seller of them all.

In all due respect, and please do not take any offense and it is not intended as an insult.....if I were propose any of these deals, you would see the exit sign really fast ;). There apparently is some place that would accept such a deal, as you have found them, but 99% of others would give you the cold shoulder. Kudos for finding the sucker to give you an unbeatable deal.

On a positive note, I do look forward to your ownership impressions. The Mazda6 is a very important car to Mazda and it seems to be a winner. I am really interested in real-world mpg. Let us know how it does!:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm just going to email a few of my local dealers holding firm on a bottom line price of $26,000. Whoever does it for that price gets my business - I won't go over it. Looking for Touring with Technology package I think..I will take red, blue reflex, or the slate color I think.

They'd still be profiting since Invoice is $25.6 for that..

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm just going to email a few of my local dealers holding firm on a bottom line price of $26,000. Whoever does it for that price gets my business - I won't go over it. Looking for Touring with Technology package I think..I will take red, blue reflex, or the slate color I think.

They'd still be profiting since Invoice is $25.6 for that..
Usually the Internet based quotes can be the best way to get the deal you want. With inventory being low, it might be harder to get the exact car you want at this moment. But, that should not discourage you. I hope you get the deal you are looking for! Let us know how you make out! Remember...only buy if you are happy. A good deal is one that you are happy with. That's all that matters in the end! :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Usually the Internet based quotes can be the best way to get the deal you want. With inventory being low, it might be harder to get the exact car you want at this moment. But, that should not discourage you. I hope you get the deal you are looking for! Let us know how you make out! Remember...only buy if you are happy. A good deal is one that you are happy with. That's all that matters in the end! :D
Thanks! I've been looking at so many other cars that I can get a good deal on..but I feel I'd be settling. This is the car I want - I just need to find a dealer willing to not be such a stick in the mud. $26,000, which is over invoice, is more than fair.

1 - 20 of 974 Posts