Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am currently awaiting arrival of my 6 and am interested in the MP3 player. I've looked at all of the other info posted here but was still wondering if anyone has installed this themselves. If so, did you find it very difficult? From what I've read here, it seems the most difficult part is getting the front panel off. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Self Install of MP3 player

it is not so difficult but it's hard to find all the screws to get the central unit off... you have to remove the glovebox, the handbrake/shifter console and so on...

and also, there are screws under the controls of the vents...

and if i could give you an advice, try the player and all the commands before putting back all the screws and stuff... :D

·
Registered
376 Posts

believe me, the guy at the dealer spent about 3 hours on that! if only he would have listened to me about the screws and hidden things...

i saw it on the first time on the forums here, just two days before... but the guy wanted to look at his mazda 6 bible instead of listening to me!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Self Install of MP3 player'

Originally posted by mazda666

believe me, the guy at the dealer spent about 3 hours on that! if only he would have listened to me about the screws and hidden things...

i saw it on the first time on the forums here, just two days before...  but the guy wanted to look at his mazda 6 bible instead of listening to me!!!  [/b]
It's kinda funny how the dealership tech spent 3 hours when the thing comes with a full set of detailed instructions as to how to remove all the panels you need to remove, the amount of screws, the location of screws, and it explains both types of HVAC controls. Maybe he didn't have the install manual.

I myself found it not hard at all to install the player. It took close to an hour from start to finish.

Here's a little bit of advice, when you do the install be EXTREMELY careful with sharp corners and the silver surfaces. The finish is soft and can easily scratch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Oh! So the MP3 player does come with instructions? If that is the case, the install shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
376 Posts

(XrIeSvlis); if the dealer would have just gave me the player, knowing he'd take that time, i would have installed it myself, don't worry!!!

and my player didn't come with the installation manual, at least i don't remember seeing it in the box...

·
Registered
78 Posts

Anyone have a pic of what the player looks like in your 6?

·
Registered
301 Posts

^ I believe that when all is said and put back together, it looks exactly the same, except that the thin ring around the CD Insert slot has some sort of "mp3" logo.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Self

How do you navigate through it then?

Is it a CD or HD based mp3 system?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

service techs get paid by the hour.....bunch of hippies trying to rip ppl off :(

·
Registered
376 Posts

MZ6ZoomZoom, cd based... you navigate trhough directories like if it were the 6 cd changer...

·
Registered
78 Posts

So this isnt an mp3 player, that takes like a memory stick?
Like a compact flash card, with a gig of music? It only plays mp3s burned on a cd? Thats no good

·
Registered
90 Posts

To each his own... 700mb of music in the form of mp3s is good enough for me. I find that sometimes I forget what albums I've got on the CDs.

·
Registered
376 Posts

for me that IS good... i'm used to that kind of player already... and you just need a computer to read/write mp3, instead of if you got a memory stick, you need both a computer and the hardware/software to access your files...

i go around with RW's for "music of the moment" wich i know i wont listen to for long and it works well...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Self Install of MP3 player

that is true but i change my mood so many times that i could loose track of what music is on wich cd... instead of throwing them away, i prefer to recycle them using RWs! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts

Originally posted by (XrIeSvlis)

I'll scan a copy of the instructions if your player doesn't come with a set.[/b]
Do you have a copy of the instructions you can post? I've tried the method used in this website (http://home.online.no/~rekse/mazda6/gallery.htm) but I'm stuck at the removing of the HU's dash face. I've tugged on this with as much strength as I dare (almost to the point of cracking it). And I feel that perhaps those instructions might not work for the US based car?

Any set of instructions you can forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts