Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've noticed a lot of people have aftermarket security systems on their mazda 6's so I was wondering, what model/brand do you guys use, how much did you pay for it and where did you buy it? I am considering getting a viper 791xv because it has remote start and is a reasonable price, what do you guys have on your cars?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I have the codealarm tw-1 3 years ago, and i paid 800CAD installed... yeah i know that's expensive, but it's 3 years ago, and the technology was still new back then.

it wasnt a bad system, considering a lifetime warranty, and no problems ever since i have them in my car. But i lost a spare key for the bypass system though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else? i'm planning on getting a viper 791vx but not sure where i should buy it from and where to install. I've done some research and found that amazon sells it for a reasonable price. And i went to circuit city online and found they install remove start/security systems for $160. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
ok i m bored, and since noone is replying this thread.. i m just gonna bash it... LOL..

ok.... maybe i m old fashioned, but try to find a system that is FM/FM 2-way.... FM/AM is not a really good system, as you can send it but not knowing of what you are receiving of what you've sent is a headache!! , always research what you wanna buy for your 6.... and prob, for safety, you'd want a code hopping for the alarm.... if you want to install if urself, i would vote against that!! always find a shop that is very reputable installing alarm systems that wouldnt mess up ur ECU( i know ppl who got their engine replaced cz of the shops' job) !!!

all the systems are fine, but finding a reputable shop that can install them properly is important !! EVERY systems are good, but the installation is important !! anyway... just my 0.02... good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts