Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations on Security/alarm system for the 6? Even tho I'm not too worried about having my car stolen, I still think it's a good idea to have it installed. Better be safe than sorry!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
if you wanna shop for alarm/remote start system, just get those fm/fm send/receive system, it's better....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Are those the boomerang ones? Aren't those suppose to be the top of the line or something? Don't quote me...

·
Registered
187 Posts
On my birthday I got a Compustar Alarm/Starter as a present. Still waiting for my car to be back from Don valley Auto Collision as I was involved in an accident on DVP and was declared not at fault.. the whole right front corner was gone. Got the new fender, New wheel, New tire, New hood, New windscreen. New Head Ligth new HIDS and new Bumper.

I got a qoute from Futureshop they said normal charges are 250+taxes for installations
and staff price is 175.00 + Taxes.. I dont know what a good price needs to be? Please guide me... Also For HID I am telling them I need the 50W ones are they any good.. will they catch cops..

·
Registered
382 Posts
i had Compustar on my 6 be4 when it was still alive.........it worked very good

Audio Heaven is a good place to install it

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
If the thieves want your car, they will get it nomatter what.
[/b]

for once i agree 100% with Mr Lam.

while an alarm might scare off a kid trying to boost your car for shits and giggles...if a real thief wants your car... he'll have it no matter how much security you have installed

however, if you are going to get an alarm system, go to a trusted shop and ask em :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would get it for a slight piece of mind, a remote start function would probably be a bigger selling feature for me.. man it was cold this morning... haha

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would get it for a slight piece of mind, a remote start function would probably be a bigger selling feature for me.. man it was cold this morning... haha
[/b]
You must be driving ATX :p (saying this as I don't think there are starters for MTX but I could be wrong...)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here is the newest and baddest alarm that I know of!!
New Compustar Pro 2W9000FM
New Brain: CM4000
New Remote: 2W9000FMR
Coded Valet SwitchCoded Valet Switch

Knock Sensor with coded knocking for disarm/unlock. This is incase you lock yourself out, you have a coded sequence for the "RPS" or known as "knock sensor" to allow you to gain access into the vehicle.

Upgradability: If you only installed the alarm portion, and wanted to add remote start, its a simple unplug, upgrade "brain" with remote start, add additional wires to hook up and you're done. Not removal of whole alarm unit, install of alarm & starter unit.
Saves you time and $$$$

Improvements:

If for example, someone was to set off your "warn" zone, your pager will beep with the warn. If they were to open a door right after that, your pager would not show you the door, because its still indicating to you its a "warn" trigger. Your alarm would be going off fully when the doors open but it will not page you with door open.

On this new unit, it will override more important zones such as door trigger, hood trigger, trunk trigger, over warn trigger.

Back-Up Battery input is now available on the compustar unit including the remote start unit.

Built-in Temperature sensor, that allows you to set up Coldstart AS WELL as WARMSTART. You can set it so that if your vehicles interior temperature drops below a certain degree, it will remote start as well if your interior temperature is above a certain degree it will remote start, to warm up or cool off your vehicle.

Obviously still the same great features, works on automatic and manual transmission vehicles. Also does diesel.

Improvements on the remote controller:

For manual transmission users, the pager has an icon that will indicate if remote start is available (if reservation mode is set)

Will also display auxilaries.

Temperature is displayed on the LCD

It has a time start. You can set what time you want your vehicle to start at for example 8am everyday.

Voltage check indication: Everytime you query your vehicle, it will show you a status of voltage of your vehicle.

Alarm clock: Say for example you park your vehicle at a meter or you park in a pay lot, you can set yourself an alarm clock that will count down for you to remind you that you have run out of time in a paid parking area.

Drivelock: Indicates that it is activated. It locks the vehicle when you start the vehicle for safety, and unlocks as you turn off your vehicle.
:yesnod:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow sounds nice! great info, i'll definitely look into that~ thanks!!!

Here is the newest and baddest alarm that I know of!!
New Compustar Pro 2W9000FM
New Brain: CM4000
New Remote: 2W9000FMR
Coded Valet SwitchCoded Valet Switch

Knock Sensor with coded knocking for disarm/unlock. This is incase you lock yourself out, you have a coded sequence for the "RPS" or known as "knock sensor" to allow you to gain access into the vehicle.

Upgradability: If you only installed the alarm portion, and wanted to add remote start, its a simple unplug, upgrade "brain" with remote start, add additional wires to hook up and you're done. Not removal of whole alarm unit, install of alarm & starter unit.
Saves you time and $$$$

Improvements:

If for example, someone was to set off your "warn" zone, your pager will beep with the warn. If they were to open a door right after that, your pager would not show you the door, because its still indicating to you its a "warn" trigger. Your alarm would be going off fully when the doors open but it will not page you with door open.

On this new unit, it will override more important zones such as door trigger, hood trigger, trunk trigger, over warn trigger.

Back-Up Battery input is now available on the compustar unit including the remote start unit.

Built-in Temperature sensor, that allows you to set up Coldstart AS WELL as WARMSTART. You can set it so that if your vehicles interior temperature drops below a certain degree, it will remote start as well if your interior temperature is above a certain degree it will remote start, to warm up or cool off your vehicle.

Obviously still the same great features, works on automatic and manual transmission vehicles. Also does diesel.

Improvements on the remote controller:

For manual transmission users, the pager has an icon that will indicate if remote start is available (if reservation mode is set)

Will also display auxilaries.

Temperature is displayed on the LCD

It has a time start. You can set what time you want your vehicle to start at for example 8am everyday.

Voltage check indication: Everytime you query your vehicle, it will show you a status of voltage of your vehicle.

Alarm clock: Say for example you park your vehicle at a meter or you park in a pay lot, you can set yourself an alarm clock that will count down for you to remind you that you have run out of time in a paid parking area.

Drivelock: Indicates that it is activated. It locks the vehicle when you start the vehicle for safety, and unlocks as you turn off your vehicle.
:yesnod: [/b]

·
Registered
412 Posts
You must be driving ATX :p (saying this as I don't think there are starters for MTX but I could be wrong...)
[/b]
Nope, MTX. There are alot of starters for it, just gotta be careful as was stated... and I'm not totally sure about this parking with only the handbrake business..

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was going to say too sounds $$$ Anyone got a cost on this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts