Mazda 6 Forums banner

Security Indicator on - Car will not start (Push Button). 2014 Mazda 6

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Kristir 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2014 Mazda 6 which will not start no matter what I try.
The security indicator light is on and when I push the start button it just flashes orange.

I have had all the fuses checked and the battery checked by a mechanic and even spoke with Mazda and they were no help.

Both my keys unlock the car, pop the trunk, headlights work etc but the ignition does not turn over to even turn on the radio or dash.
The steering wheel is also locked so I can't even move the car if towing.

Does anyone know what the issue may be?

#5 ·
The immobilizer could be triggered. My question is, what triggered it?

You said that the battery is good but it is possible that the connection is not. I remember someone here who had that issue and he went to kinds of trouble only to find out that it's the battery and/or terminal connection.

#6 · (Edited)
Solved. I removed the ECU and took it to a local auto electrician to have a look inside. He said everything looked in order but one PiP (I think that's what he said) looked a bit off so I think he soldered a new one in. (Repair was €120)
Once installed back in the car; it started.
The Bluetooth and lighters are also back working after this fix. Previously the Bluetooth was greyed out on the screen and the lighters had no power.

I'm not sure the exact contact in the ECU which was faulty but it basically immobilised the car. I spoke with my local Mazda dealer and this is the first time they have heard of such an issue.

#8 ·
i find it hard to believe Mazda had never heard of this issue prior to you. I have a 2009 Mazda6 and I have the same problem. My mother, who owned the car prior to me, said she had the same thing happen around 5 years ago but Mazda picked it up and they fixed it somehow. she passed away so I can't ask any details but, as I said, I find it hard to believe... I will tell my mechanic what you wrote about the ECU and hopefully I will have a happy ending as you did.
Thanks for sharing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.