Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything special I need to do in order to 'lock' the spare tire cover in place? I don't remember how it was when I first took it off, and its making a god awful rattling sound every time I hit a bigger bump in the road (and we've a few of those ... per foot). I'm pretty sure its the cover, as today I moved it a bit then drove for a while and there was no rattling (though it did return after 20-25 minutes of driving sadly). Its a sedan btw, not a hatch/wagon.

Aside from this rattle though, I'm incredibly disappointed in the amount of squeaks and rattles the 6 makes. Both of the front seats squeak, and there's a few more rattles coming through from various parts of the car. The sad part is there's only 8300kms on it (~5000miles). My boss' BMW 3 series is 4 years old and its as solid as a rock! Hell, even my 5 year old grand am was somewhat comparable to the 6 in terms of how many rattles it had after 5 years, and that's a GM!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I used some Dynamat to stop the spare tire cover from rattling. That's the only thing I could do to stop it. The other rattles are a common problem. There are various things you can do to stop them contained in a number of different threads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts