Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Mazda 6 Touring. I do not have the premium package so no seat warmers. Has anyone installed aftermarket seat warmers? I prefer to not to have them sitting on top of the seat. If so, I have a few questions.
1. What brand and how well do they work?
2. Is the car pre-wired to accept the mod?
3. Can I install or use factory switches?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've looked into it but haven't done it yet, and I'm interested in hearing what you find out.

I looked into the professional installation, which involves removing the seat upholstery and putting the heating element on the seat bottom and back, under the leather, then reinstalling the leather and doing the wiring. Parts are readily available on the internet for a low price. Looks like it is a lot of pretty skilled labor, and I don't know how motivated I am to mess with removing and installing upholstery.

For my area (Colorado), the two options were a chain called Car Toys for about $550-600 or a local tinting/detailing place for $300 for one and $500 for two. One of cooler local dealer parts guys explained "We'd just send it out to someone and mark it up."

I'll probably research it again for this winter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found two different brands on Amazon, not sure which to go with? I would love to get a factory switch rather then using their switches.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that the weather is getting cooler, I would like to try this. Does anyone have any experience with the process?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts