Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those fortunate to have experienced the '6...

How high or low are the seats? The new trend seems to be raising the seats higher and higher (a la Camry, Accord, for example). Personally, I prefer to sit a little lower, and my bad back agrees (it's just how my weight shifts sitting lower).

Plus, you definitely don't get a sporty feel sitting high.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Seat Height'

Originally posted by applejax

How high or low are the seats?  The new trend seems to be raising the seats higher and higher (a la Camry, Accord, for example).  Personally, I prefer to sit a little lower, and my bad back agrees (it's just how my weight shifts sitting lower).

Plus, you definitely don't get a sporty feel sitting high.[/b]
You sit rather low but remember, the seat is hight adjustable (driver)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Seat Height'

Originally posted by applejax

How high or low are the seats?  The new trend seems to be raising the seats higher and higher (a la Camry, Accord, for example).  Personally, I prefer to sit a little lower, and my bad back agrees (it's just how my weight shifts sitting lower).

Plus, you definitely don't get a sporty feel sitting high.[/b]
If you're about 6' tall you'll be touching the cealing when the seat is in uppermost position, whereas In lowest position you'll not see the hood - so the seats are height adjustable to a high degree. However, with manual adjustment (I have no idea about power seats) there is no possibility to adjust the height of front/rear portions of the seat separately. When lowered, the seat tilts slightly backward (which is a good thing and works fine for my bad back) but you have no chance to fine-tune the inclination. Another very nice feature is adjustable lumbar support for driver's seat.
Overall, the seats are very comfortable. The only deficiencies I've found are the dial type reclining adjustment for driver's seat as opposed to more responsive lever type for passenger (maybe it's a safety requrement or something...) and lack of adjustable side support for driver's seatback (had one in an '84 626 - quite usable if you don't have the average joe's proper side bolstering in your own standard equipment ;))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts