Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Mazda 6 Touring. It came without seat heaters so I have been wanting to add them. I bought a kit online, I followed the directions from another post, I take the seat apart and the cover off and wouldn’t you know, the heating pads are already installed in the seat. The issue is they are not wired into the car. My plan in to use the wiring harness that came with the kit and connect to the current pads.

There is 3 speperate plugs under the seat, Green/blue goes to the seat belt; Red/black goes up to the seat back; red/black & Green/purple go to the cushion. I believe the wires for the seat back and seat cushion pads are the red & black wires under the seat. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Does anyone have a copy or a link to the wiring diagram or color codes?

Also, before I wire in after market switches, I am going to open the dash. I am going to bet that there is an unused plug that will plug into to factory switches that will allow the seat to function (just like the fog lights). I find it hard to believe that all the wiring is in the harness and that it goes no where.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Does anyone have a copy or a link to the wiring diagram or color codes?

Also, before I wire in after market switches, I am going to open the dash. I am going to bet that there is an unused plug that will plug into to factory switches that will allow the seat to function (just like the fog lights). I find it hard to believe that all the wiring is in the harness and that it goes no where.
Here's the 2014 wiring diagram, obviously cannot guarantee it's the same for a 2017. From reading through the FSM I wouldn't be surprised if you're right though regarding the connections. Seems like the heating elements may already be in the seats as well as the connections behind the climate control panel. I bet you can just buy the replacement seat heater controls for the dash...

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is really interesting. Thank you, VixSix. I have a 2016 touring stick shift with no heated seats and I would really like them. Any easy way to tell if the heat pads are already in there?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anybody looked into this for the 2014? Since I only bought my 6 about two months ago and it's been cold/snowy/rainy here in MA, I haven't had the chance to take a look for myself, but since it's warming up a bit I plan on taking a look at my car and seeing if it's the same situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts