Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few days ago I thought it was strange that the seat belt warning kept going for a few seconds after I had fastened it. Now the seatbelt light randomly goes on/off even when I have it fastened. If I mess with the seat belt buckle it'll go off for a few seconds or sometimes for a while and eventually come back on. The seat belt is fastened, so I find this kind of strange. It's like something is shorted out with the buckle itself.

Anyone have any suggestions before I take this into the dealer for anything obvious to check for? There hasn't been coke spilled in it or anything and I've only got 3,200 on the clock. I worry a little bit about this in the event of an accident because, from my understanding (not specifically with the MS6), how the airbags are deployed are sometimes effected by whether or not you're wearing it.

Anyone else had/having this problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
So a few days ago I thought it was strange that the seat belt warning kept going for a few seconds after I had fastened it. Now the seatbelt light randomly goes on/off even when I have it fastened. If I mess with the seat belt buckle it'll go off for a few seconds or sometimes for a while and eventually come back on. The seat belt is fastened, so I find this kind of strange. It's like something is shorted out with the buckle itself.

Anyone have any suggestions before I take this into the dealer for anything obvious to check for? There hasn't been coke spilled in it or anything and I've only got 3,200 on the clock. I worry a little bit about this in the event of an accident because, from my understanding (not specifically with the MS6), how the airbags are deployed are sometimes effected by whether or not you're wearing it.

Anyone else had/having this problem?
[/b]
Do you have anything sitting on the passenger seats? The sensors in the seats will trigger the light if you put more than 8lbs on them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have anything sitting on the passenger seats? The sensors in the seats will trigger the light if you put more than 8lbs on them.
[/b]
No. Passenger seat has been completely clear when this has happened so far.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: The seat belt issue has not popped up for a whole week now. The dealer was also unable to recreate the problem. Last weekend, my laptop and a CD case were on the passenger side floor when I started having these problems. I didn't remember that initially. I'm wondering if the CD case slid enough to hit the seat and somehow (although it's probably under 8 pounds) tripped the passenger seat weight sensor causing the light to come on? Regardless, I think that it's actually the passenger side that tripped the light. There was nothing in the seat itself when this happened though, so I'm still keeping it in the kinda strange/random crap that happens category.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
im having the same issue..
nothin on the pasenger seat either...

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
has any one figured out the combination to get the seatbelt warning beep to turn off? i know it was a topic at somepoint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts