Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Apexcone 6000k HID kit, and I'm getting pissed off at the yellow from the stock 194 bulb...

I'm looking for a bulb that will match the color of my HID's... no luck.

I'm not really looking for an LED, just a regular incandescent bulb. I just checked Autolumination.com, and I see they have a few incandescent 194's there, but would their blue match?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
autolumination blue is VERY blue. like lapis blue blue. its not apexcone 6000k blue (in which my neighbor has who DOESNT EVEN belong to the forum)
try hyper white, im not gonna lie it wont match 6000k but blue looks terrible, and its not yellow either.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
autolumination blue is VERY blue. like lapis blue blue. its not apexcone 6000k blue (in which my neighbor has who DOESNT EVEN belong to the forum)
try hyper white, im not gonna lie it wont match 6000k but blue looks terrible, and its not yellow either. [/b]
Thanks, but I already learned the hard way.. Out of a stupid impulse, I bought TWO blue 194's, and today, ONLY ONE CAME..

Anyways, I tried it, and it looked like an aqua/sea green color.. It wasn't even blue! Very disappointed..

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have the Apexcone 6000k HID kit, and I'm getting pissed off at the yellow from the stock 194 bulb...

I'm looking for a bulb that will match the color of my HID's... no luck.

I'm not really looking for an LED, just a regular incandescent bulb. I just checked Autolumination.com, and I see they have a few incandescent 194's there, but would their blue match?

[/b]
try these

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?pr...r=&PT_ID=80

or

http://autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?p...=597&page=1

I don't have HID's but these bulbs are much whiter than the stock ones (which are actually W5W / 2825 bulbs, not 194's) and while they LOOK blue when they're off they are actually white when lit.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
try these

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?pr...r=&PT_ID=80

I don't have HID's but these bulbs are much whiter than the stock ones (which are actually W5W / 2825 bulbs, not 194's) and while they LOOK blue when they're off they are actually white when lit.
[/b]
I put those bulbs in from powerbulbs.co.uk last week! LOL Actually pretty damn white. I'll try to post pics later in the week.

EDIT: I just ordered some bulbs for my Tribute, here is a code for Powerbulbs.co.uk if anyone is on the fence on ordering from them. Ship time, FYI, is about 7 days from order. Sometimes faster.

Claim 10% off your next order with Power Bulbs, or pass this code onto a friend or family member! Simply enter the following voucher code with the order: KAFFE1746

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I put those bulbs in from powerbulbs.co.uk last week! LOL Actually pretty damn white. I'll try to post pics later in the week.

EDIT: I just ordered some bulbs for my Tribute, here is a code for Powerbulbs.co.uk if anyone is on the fence on ordering from them. Ship time, FYI, is about 7 days from order. Sometimes faster.

Claim 10% off your next order with Power Bulbs, or pass this code onto a friend or family member! Simply enter the following voucher code with the order: KAFFE1746[/b]
Ever get pics of those bulbs?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
not gonna lie i think these look great! good find, and thanks for the coupon code! lol

hate to be a pain..but do you think you could turn on your low beams or the fogs...something so we can get an idea of how they look compared to something else...these might be next on my list of things to get now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts