Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am considering a mazad speed6 and would like some real world feedback with real concerns. It seems everytime I buy a car I go to a forum and the "protective type" tell me how great the car is but later I learn all the short comings. Naturally they all have some issues, but some I can not live with.

That Said,

I have a 05 subie leg gt and it is a hoot to drive. However the seats are garbage and I drive a lot.

If I trade what will I run into GOOD & BAD.

I am only a bolt on mod guy - MY gt ECU is stage one and I would consider sway bars, and exhaust but other than that I like to drive in a spirited fasion - 30 something dad who is still a bit of a closet gear head.

Thanks for all of your help

Upstate New York

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Ok, I am considering a mazad speed6 and would like some real world feedback with real concerns. It seems everytime I buy a car I go to a forum and the "protective type" tell me how great the car is but later I learn all the short comings. Naturally they all have some issues, but some I can not live with.

That Said,

I have a 05 subie leg gt and it is a hoot to drive. However the seats are garbage and I drive a lot.

If I trade what will I run into GOOD & BAD.

I am only a bolt on mod guy - MY gt ECU is stage one and I would consider sway bars, and exhaust but other than that I like to drive in a spirited fasion - 30 something dad who is still a bit of a closet gear head.

Thanks for all of your help

Upstate New York
[/b]
turbo lag?

·
Registered
649 Posts
My suggestion is to go into the Mazdaspeed section and look through some of the posts.

The main complaints i have heard have to do with the MPG, Powerloss issue and the AWD system.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
1.)MPG is not as bad as people say it is....I don't have a speed personally, but others have reported getting close to 300 per gal with conservative driving. It's close to a V6

2.)Powerloss can be solved with the reflash

3.)AWD probably not as good as the subbie, but the Speed makes up for it ^_~

and for the price you can't beat it.

Yeah I would take a gander at the speed section, you also learn a hell of a whole lot about turbos ^_^

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I guess I'm the first speed owner to chime in.. I tend to look at the n00b section because .. well .. i am one. So, as far as the MS6, I LOVE the car. My only complaint is with the transmission. It has seemed to give some of us with older build dates (prior to march) some issues with a 'notchy' feel. This doesnt bother some and most dont even have the issue, but I do, and its probably because I didnt break it in good enough.. so make sure you take it very easy for the first 3k.

Besides that the mpg is awesome for an awd ( I get 26-28 highway) the powerloss is flashable and the awd seems to be just a step down from the scubies.

And now is the perfect time to buy, I've seen people picking up GT models for under 23k. This is crazy considering i paid 27 for my sport.

So, In conclusion, go for it! but break her in gently.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
The notchiness is one thing I really love about my car, and if I wanted to get rid of it all is needed is a fully synthetic tranny fluid swap to some Redline...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts