Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
It all depends on what kind of car are you looking for?!

Look at new Lexus IS, or just wait for 2008 all new mazda6.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really wanna try the 2 door thing this time around! Something with some good power!...

solsitic = not enuff power
s2000= not crazy about the styling
mx5= not enuff power
GTO= HAHA to much power! (if there is such a thing) not really crazy about the interior

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
OK!.... i just sold the six
[/b]
Stupidest mistake you'll ever make....End the topic right here lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Saturn Sky with the 2.0 supercharged engine (same as the solstace)
[/b]
Since you have elected yourself " King shit of knowing all" and ripping the shit out of new people when they post something not up to your satisfaction, I thought I would just help you out so nobody does the same to you. The Saturn Sky and Solstice (notice correct spelling) are powered by a 2.0 litre turbocharged engine, not supercharged as you have mistakenly posted. Just trying to help you out my friend :love:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wow that's the first pic I ever saw of the 2008 Z and it look like it would be worth the wait.

Need to see some more specs, seems all they did was improve the current Z which is fine by me, I to once I finish school will be bout summer 08 so I will be looking at a new car myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it looks liek a porche now... only thin i dont like is the fins in the fender. but hopefully that wont make it to production.. what i do hope makes it to production is that 3.8 350 hp v6

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would hop on the Speed3.. IMHO 265/280tq. Smaller car. Has to run hard, dont u think? But the Z looks nice as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good option but the speed3 is a fwd car...IMO what good is 265/280tq with no real way to put all that power to the ground. dont get me wrong its a great car, but im sick of fwd. Real performence is in the AWD or RWD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Pick up a used G35 until the Z comes out in 08, by getting a used one for a year or so you won't lose a whole lot of money and you'll have a good idea wheather or not you'll want to buy the 08 Z

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I'd just make sure that the next car that you get is turbo'd from the factory. Makes the upgrade path a lot easier

Pick up a used G35 until the Z comes out in 08, by getting a used one for a year or so you won't lose a whole lot of money and you'll have a good idea wheather or not you'll want to buy the 08 Z
[/b]
I get to drive an 05 g35 6sp and an 05 350z 6sp on a regular basis, and can tell you that they are not even close to the same car. Owning a g35 (other than interior space) will not help you decide if you want a 350z at all. They are 2 totally different cars

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Wow. Talk about ripping off a Porsche front-end, M3 side-sills and M3 mirrors, and RX-8 wheels. Truly unique. :-\

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Wow. Talk about ripping off a Porsche front-end, M3 side-sills and M3 mirrors, and RX-8 wheels. Truly unique. :-\
[/b]
Porsche yes, M3, yes, ripping off rx8; no. Have you ever looked at the current 350z track model? Those are practically the same rim. They didn't rip off the rx8 at all, in fact it could be the other way around.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I would hop on the Speed3.. IMHO 265/280tq. Smaller car. Has to run hard, dont u think? But the Z looks nice as well.
[/b]
The MS3 sounds great, but knowing mazda, they will screw MS3 owners with a power robbing reflash like they did us MS6 owners. :(

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I like the Z, but don't hold your breath waiting for the 2008 Z to appear and live up to your hopes. Heck, 2008 could also bring the sexy Evo X and the new, not-so-ugly STI, too. Heck, while you're waiting, Mazda may release the Kubara in 2009- maybe they'll surprise us with the 2.3l turbo engine, too?

There are lots of good cars on the horizon, but the problem is that there always are better cars yet to be released. I'd save your money and get a used 2005 Limited Edition Z, the first ones with the better built engines.

Either that, or a Mazdaspeed 3.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Porsche yes, M3, yes, ripping off rx8; no. Have you ever looked at the current 350z track model? Those are practically the same rim. They didn't rip off the rx8 at all, in fact it could be the other way around.
[/b]
i agree the wheels are almost exactly the same from the previous model, i like the 2008 it looks a lot like a porsche, but i dont know if it is worth waiting for.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The 350Z was made for people to buy so that everyone has it. I swear it's like a new Honda Civic here in Hawaii, WAY overated, just like an Acura. I would buy a 3 Series BMW dude. I have a friend who has a 335i Coupe that drives like you wouldn't BELIEVE!! That is the top of the line 3 Series though at about 40k Dealer price AT LEAST! But then again when you look at the 350Z it'll be about 38k Dealer Price at least as well. Luxury and speed over a car with a little more speed and knowing that everyone else has it, yea I'll pass.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
funny because over here every on has a 3 series!. Great car though. To be honest i dont know if i can wait till 08 to get a car. but when you look at my specifications : 2 door, rwd or awd, good power......there isnt much out there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts