Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i did it on a car with 40k and it was OK, did it on a car with just over 80k and it made a pretty significant difference in smoothness at idle and driving.

it's not going to hurt to do it on a lower mileage car, but it might not be needed either. stick to something like a techron system cleaner if the mileage is lower and just wanting to clean the car up a bit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i did it on a car with 40k and it was OK, did it on a car with just over 80k and it made a pretty significant difference in smoothness at idle and driving.

it's not going to hurt to do it on a lower mileage car, but it might not be needed either. stick to something like a techron system cleaner if the mileage is lower and just wanting to clean the car up a bit.

unless its a speed6, everything I have read and confirmed with my service manager says there is no need for fuel injector cleaner or any other additives in these cars. the amount of boost/injector pressure these things running pretty much prevents any fouling as it is.

someone correct me if they think i'm wrong in saying this but all my research points to no go on injector/fuel system cleaners.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i really have no clue on a DISI/diesel system as they run much high pressures than what other cars run. given the OP's name said 5spd, i assumed he wasn't a speed. Most dealers say what they are told to say, just like they suggest products their dealer wants them to suggest. i'm assuming you meant IS a speed, given you said boost/pressure was the cure all for a fouling injector.

in all reality, any car can have buildup, hence any car can due with some sort of product to help clean away the buildup. what works and what doesn't is up for debate. if the OP is wondering about seafoam through the intake system to clean engine buildup (carbon deposits and whatnot), then he's correct and the product does help a car that has some mileage on it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
interesting, you read it as white 6_5speed and i saw it as white_65_speed so i thought speed6. just kinda funny. and yeah i ment IS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts