Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help!!!!!
My cousin just got a SE-r SPEC-V Sentra. We all know they are good cars.
Of course there is a silent competition between us, and I want a better car!:D
Ive been waiting for the MAZDA6 for a while, but Im not sure if it can compete with the SE-R. I know that I can hook up what ever car I get, but I want something that stock-for-stock can kill the SE-R. Can the MAZDA6 do that? If not, what cars in the price range do you guys suggest that I get? And does the MAZDA6 has good torque? I LOVE TORQUE!!!!

Thanx guys

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'SE-R SPEC-V KILLER'

If you go for the V6, you'll get 220 hp and 192 lb-ft torque. I guess that is more than adequate to match the Nissan's 175 hp and 180 lb-ft.

But you have to consider that your cousin will hate you forever. Because not only does the Mazda6 kill him on the road - it's also so MUCH more beautiful, he will have to trade his car in to get one himself!!!:D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

It'll beat it alright.

But no surprise and expect to hear "but your car is in a different class". :D If you get the V6 model I'm referring to expect to pay half as much again for what he payed for his SpecV. It's all relative :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Can the 6 run with integeras type r, civic si, or VW Corrado?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which ones are coming to us?

is the shapes like the [glow tcolor=yellow, fcolor=white, size=2, strength=1]yellow[/glow]one shown up top, where you see mazdaatenza.com forums, gonna be here december? in the us.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No, it probably won't. The car at the top seems to be a hatch, and that won't be available in the US until next year.

However, this color and the special grille should be available also on the Sedan body if you prefer that. And that is available from December.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by Steve 6er

No, it probably won't. The car at the top seems to be a hatch, and that won't be available in the US until next year.

However, this color and the special grille should be available also on the Sedan body if you prefer that. And that is available from December.[/b]

Will the sedan be coming with the sport pacage? the wing, v6, ect.?
and is there an aproximate date when the hatches will be coming over?
will canada be getting the hatches?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

[QUOTE
Originally posted by 2KWIK

Will the sedan be coming with the sport pacage? the wing, v6, ect.?[/b]
The sport package is probably going to be available on all models.

and is there an aproximate date when the hatches will be coming over?[/b]
No, but US release is expected to be sometimes next spring. And since you also will get these cars from Flat Rock plant in the US, I think it's safe to assume you'll get it about the same time (or a month or two later, perhaps).
will canada be getting the hatches?[/b]
Yes. I have not yet heard of any market that won't be getting all three body styles. Earlier it was questionable whether US market would get the hatch and the wagon, but this has later been confirmed. So I see no reason why U shouldn't get it as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

will canada be getting the hatches?[/b]
Yes. I have not yet heard of any market that won't be getting all three body styles. Earlier it was questionable whether US market would get the hatch and the wagon, but this has later been confirmed. So I see no reason why U shouldn't get it as well.[/b][/quote]

i am actually from here in the states. but if canada would of gotten the hatch sooner, i probably would of bought it from there cause i cant wait any longer for the hatch. I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a good reason why mazda is holding the release of the hatch?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, there is good reason.

The Flat Rock production unit has to be set for three different production lines. One for each body type. This takes time, and the teams making the re-tooling for the Mazda6 can probably only fix one line at a time.

I understand that you want it now...heck, I ordered my hatch in early July, and I still haven't got it... Although I have only about three weeks to wait now.:D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Yes, there is good reason.

The Flat Rock production unit has to be set for three different production lines. One for each body type. This takes time, and the teams making the re-tooling for the Mazda6 can probably only fix one line at a time.

I understand that you want it now...heck, I ordered my hatch in early July, and I still haven't got it... Although I have only about three weeks to wait now.:D[/b]
Also a brilliant marketing strategy on Mazdas part. Those of us who can't wait for the hatch will buy the sedan. Thus more money for Mazda quicker. Not to mention those that will actually trade their sedans for hatches when released.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

It's not a brilliant marketing strategy to force people to buy other things than they actually would like to.

I don't really think that's the reason. Although a reason for not releasing all models at once is that you get more press that way. Every new body has to be reviewed, and the "hype" lasts longer. So in that aspect, you're right.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts