Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got a liquid platinum Speed6 GT from Metro Mazda in Ferndale's showroom floor on Labor Day weekend. I've been drooling over it since I test drove one in March and then test drove 3 more times since. Dealt with sales at both Suburban dealers, Ralph Thayer, and Brown in Toledo. Sleaze at all three. The one guy at the Farmington Hills Suburban was OK, but the Troy Suburban one was another matter. Mark Tyza is who I dealt with mostly at Metro and bought my car from. He was very pleasant and straightforward to work with.

I'm out by Lakeside Mall area.

(getting to the point) Alright, so winter's coming and I plan to get one of the DEI brand up to 1 mile range 2-way remote starts combo security systems installed. I'm finding it challenging to find someone who will install on my Speed since it's MTX. I plan to BMOPs since it's way cheaper to get the stuff online. I prefer an actual shop that would warranty there install work. So far I've talked to Car Tunes in Roseville into it but I'd prefer closer. And it'd be nice to have a backup on hand just in case they have second thoughts, etc.

For the record, Urban Autosports in Mt. Clemens, Circuit City in Shelby Twp., BestBuy in Utica and Rochester, Auto One Glass & Accessories in Lake Orion, and RKST in Pontiac all said they wouldn't install on a MTX.

Anyone? Also, if anyone has any heads up comments or suggestions on what I'm in for with this thing getting a remote start put in.

Thx a ton!,
Bill

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
VERY FEW legit shops will install it due to the liability with the mtx. Most shops will complete the install except for 1 wire and let you do that yourself.

good luck with your install

1 - 2 of 2 Posts